HeelToeNick

Best Mount / Camera Combo For Streaming

Hi all, 

I did an impromptu live stream at Sebring and now my team is really into it. My problem though but our quality is pretty below average. Currently I'm using a Ram mount and cellphone x mount but the vibration is insane. I like using the stream labs app to get it to youtube but I can switch. I was streaming at 720/30 and had great results connection wise. 

I don't mind switching to a different camera / mount, just want the best quality. Does anyone know of a good cellphone mount for this? Would a smaller camera / mount be a better option? I'm open to just about all suggestions. 

Thanks. 

It looks like that was secured to the windshield via a suction cup mount.  Although Ram Mount is a great company, suction cup mounts really suck when it comes to motorsports.  The suction cup is secured to the windshield, but the plastic portion that attaches to the suction cup just vibrates.

You'll want to secure the camera to the roll bar.  Anytime you add distance from the roll bar to the camera, you're going to get more vibration.  Only some testing will really tell you now far is too far.

In this video, you'll see a phone mount on the front roll bar that I use to run Harry's Lap Timer.  It has a 3" (I think) arm between the roll bar mount and the phone.  I think they make 6" ones too.

Edited by CoachMK21
  • Like 1

We currently have it mounted to the rollbar but I think your comment about being farther away from the bar causing vibration is the issue. We are using a 3in bar between the two ball mounts but with a heavy phone I think that may be too much distance.