Lifeline Fire USA Videos

Bill Strong

• Administrators

I visited Lifeline fire in June and shot a bunch of video of my visit. 
I will post the videos up in this first post of the completed short videos.

Fire bottle inspecting & certifying

More bottle inspections

Mounting a motorsport fire bottle

FIA vs SFI differences

T-Handle location

Hose routing

More videos to follow

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, SCCAchamp said:

maybe a silly question but can my local fire department recert my bottle?

There are no silly questions when it comes to fire stuff.

From what I understand, local companies wont recert racing system or bottles mainly due to the environment they are in. That is not gospel, only info I have heard from others either posting on the web, or in person.

On 1/20/2020 at 5:05 PM, SCCAchamp said:

maybe a silly question but can my local fire department recert my bottle?

As @Bill Strong said, there are no silly questions when it comes to fire safety. While they may, technically, be able to, our services require component replacement to ensure it stays working for you, and almost certainly they would not have the components required, or the specific fluids we require(low-temp blend so you get the same product whether you're in Southern California or Minnesota and everywhere in between. They also don't have the factory training to ensure that everything is done appropriately and give you the official certification, so it shouldn't pass tech.

I am having trouble finding someone who can recert my bottle before Road Atlanta. We purchased the car last year and the suppression system was already installed. It was last inspected in February 2017. Will there be a grace period as there was when the window net replacement was required?  The one guy local to me who can do it is at Daytona and said he is not sure he will have enough time to get it done for me. I am in Charlotte NC.  Any help/guidance is appreciated. 

47ABDE30-8AA7-4E6C-90D7-20644E60ED2C.jpeg

1 hour ago, SCCAchamp said:

I am having trouble finding someone who can recert my bottle before Road Atlanta. We purchased the car last year and the suppression system was already installed. It was last inspected in February 2017. Will there be a grace period as there was when the window net replacement was required?  The one guy local to me who can do it is at Daytona and said he is not sure he will have enough time to get it done for me. I am in Charlotte NC.  Any help/guidance is appreciated. 

47ABDE30-8AA7-4E6C-90D7-20644E60ED2C.jpeg

Race Parts Xpress (RPX as some know them as) is in Maiden, NC. From SPA's site -
 image.png.411ba4614b7814e1bc81a8e858bd4179.png 

If that doesn't work out, our sister company, BimmerWorld, is an authorized servicing dealer for SPA(for many years) based out of Dublin, VA. Ground shipping is usually only a day away, and start to finish should take 2-4 days, max.

Edited by Brandon Marshall