TFears

Tree to Tree See Eye - 2021 Hopefuls

Well, we have officially begun building a Champcar.

We had/have an overly complicated build based around a base SOHC 3000GT but due to time and availability constraints, we have back-burnered that indefinitely.  Kinda sad cause I now have 2 VR4s, a diamante, and a Base 3000GT just laying around...

Anyhow, we figured going with an e46 would be easier since there is far less points available to modify things.  This should help rein in the scope of the build.  We went with a 323CI.  Luckily its ruined and has lots of sub-frame damage... great.

peA8m1j.jpg

lObg678.jpg

dk4oeN8.jpg

So far, we have stripped the car down about 95%.  Need to reduce the wiring before we go too much further.  Not really looking forward to that part.

pWpCXMJ.jpg

6UjapvT.jpg

OgWHy3T.jpg

Here is some gross soup in the battery compartment... Yum!

kiVV0W2.jpg

I was able to get a lift installed this past week to aid in the process which is a life goal realized.

kTQ5aum.jpg

I4RlEWe.jpg

Hopefully, the end product and documentation of the build will be on par with Darring Greatly's build.  If anyone has any E46 Tips they would like to share to save me lots of time and money that would be very appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas

Edited by TFears
  • Like 4