Don't you need to be a member to race in a real Champcar race?  So if you win the iRacing league series you need to become a member to race anyway.  Not everyone that runs the series is a car owner either.  They would be giving that money to an existing team that would then use it to cover the event entry or most of it.  

Thanks again to all the people that make the Sim Series happen.  I would like to apologize in advance to anyone that I might or may have come into contract with.  I feel much more confident on track in real life than in iRacing (one person has already questioned my real life ability, and rightfully so).   

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rapido said:

On that note, I'd like to introduce you to the story of my very own team. We all met online, in an iRacing league, and started doing iRacing endurance events, the organisation of which is not dissimilar to a ChampCar event. From there we realised a shared hobby, finally started to meet in person, built a race car, and did our first ChampCar event in March 2017. Since then we've done quite a few events, placing well in most, and running reliably and cleanly. It is because of this history and experience than the CCES BoD reached out to me to start running the CCiS. You can read more about our history on our website.

Your fast repair can be used concurrently with fuel or tires, the only stipulation is that the checkbox on the F4 box must be checked prior to arriving in your pit box. As explained above, tires can be selected/deselected using the F5 box. 

I agree that the sim does lack some of the tactile feedback you experience on track, however we have seen some correlation between relative pace in the sim being reflected on the track. Max Verstappen and Lando Norris are very highly rated and fast iRacers, and they seem to do ok in real life. Same for William Byron and Ty Majeski in the NASCAR world. The majority of our HJ drivers had zero track experience before racing in a CCES event, but were at a decent baseline pace right from the start and able to race competitively purely down to iRacing experience. I'd be happy to do a stint in your MR2 at WGI and see how I compare.

Finally on that point, I am glad that there is not a CCES membership requirement to compete in the CCiS. The goal of the series is to introduce simracers, who may not have the exposure or opportunity to race in the real world, to the ChampCar community. It spreads awareness of the race series, and offers the chance for talented drivers to win a very exciting opportunity to bring their skills to our series. Hopefully they are sufficiently bitten by the racing bug that this inspires them to come back to future events, either with their own car or as a renting driver to help boost the entry of another team. Through maintaining this welcoming sense of community in the sim, we can continue to build support and attract members to the series. To that point, John D Allen, who just missed out on the prize last season, is still intending to rent a seat from us at an event this year (and therefore push us to pay a full entry fee for a race that we may not have done otherwise), just because he got to know the series and the community from competing in iRacing last year. This is an entry fee that CC may not have received were it not for offering a prize in the series the prior year, already breaking even on the prize that it did pay out. In this way we can continue to build the series in both virtual and real worlds.

That is just want I wanted to here. That is great then. I get defensive for our club. I guess being a Champcar member and ultra passionate about it I get a little defensive about the perception of someone coming in to cherry pick us. The iracing series can bring in people then we are all good in my mind. If John Allen does the iracing league and then comes to race with us then that is amazing and what this is for.

I do think we need to put a rule forth to keep people from stealing from us.  My worry is that someone will come in and cherry pick us that is basically an iracing pro and then transfer the funds for money to someone else.

I think we should say that the winner of series gets the credits and thus that is the only person that can use them and that person has be at the event and drive the car. I would assume that is how it would be used and the entire point of the free entry so I can not imagine anyone objecting that idea.

8 hours ago, Jab31169 said:

Seriously?  You can't honestly believe this can you?  I hope you are just playing devils advocate...if not you are being incredibly obtuse.  

I was in a negative place for sure when I quickly jumped to my conclusion, sorry about that. I want the iracing series to promote Champcar. If the winning person is not a member that is fine as he/she will have to become a member to race and use the free entry.  I hope that person actually uses the free entry fee to race and not just transfer that money to someone for cash.  I would love to see a non champcar member win, use the entry fee to bring their own car for the first time to champcar. That would be really amazing. If the persons that wins does not have a car or team we can all help find a team, I am sure almost all of us would welcome a new guys to the series.  Heck, hit me up if you want. I am basically sold out for the year, but would give up my own stints to get new people in chamcpar. Well at some tracks anyway, maybe one stint then at those tracks. Shoot, I have old bio 1.0 spare car I could loan you if you have an entire team and need help getting started.

• Like 1

On another iracing note I did a couple of iracing miata races to get my feet under me again with the setup and it feel better. I added a triple monitor setup and that sure does make it more realistic.

I raced iWRL tonight and figured out the quick fix as it worked. Thanks for the advise there. I went a little wide on turn 17 and hit the wall a bit. I drove back to the pits, the fast fix was checked, I got fuel and tires first and then went. Fix was magic and kept me in the race.

Some thoughts on iWRL. 4 different cars in 4 classes. I picked the Miata since I practice on that and the slowest cars, plus I am rusty at iracing and need time.  Fastest class was a porsche cup car. OMG it was like 20-30 seconds a lap faster. It took a bunch of laps to get calibrated to look in your rear mirror that often. 

I can say this iWRL take the iracing way more serious than we do and they not going for money like Champcar is. I would say most are nice, but some are really aggressive and you can tell by mic chatter they take it way more serious than I do. Maybe it is because I suck at it at this point, I dunno.

I had a really good battle with another miata for like 20 minutes at the end and we went back and forth a good 4 times.  Sucky part was that I ran out of fuel with a half a lap to go. UGGG.

See you all next time.

Troy

• Like 1

@MR2 Biohazard I just thought you would like to know that DJ Alessandrini (guy that won the race last week) had so much fun that he went and secured a seat in a Supra for the CCES race at Road Atlanta.  He isn't waiting till next year to get a free ride, he is spending his own cash.  It's not the first time we have converted someone but I believe one week from learning about the series to racing in it is a record.  

edit: I just noticed the Road Atlanta race isn't this weekend, but the point still stands that it was a quick conversion.  

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Whose Supra?  949?  Would like to meet DJ, raced him many times on iracing.  Regretfully, I have lost most of those to him!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Hurljohn said:

Whose Supra?  949?  Would like to meet DJ, raced him many times on iracing.  Regretfully, I have lost most of those to him!

Hong Norrth Grumpy Butt

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

@MR2 Biohazard I just thought you would like to know that DJ Alessandrini (guy that won the race last week) had so much fun that he went and secured a seat in a Supra for the CCES race at Road Atlanta.  He isn't waiting till next year to get a free ride, he is spending his own cash.  It's not the first time we have converted someone but I believe one week from learning about the series to racing in it is a record.  

edit: I just noticed the Road Atlanta race isn't this weekend, but the point still stands that it was a quick conversion.  

WAHOO

That is great news! I love it. 

If he is half as fast as he is online he will be a good addition. He was also in the iWRL the other day and also won that.

• Like 1