Didn't quite make it home... Car-B-Q.

Guest Trivia Steve

Guest Trivia Steve

Trivia Steve from Team Super Sentra #55...

Thanks for a fantastic weekend! So thrilled to meet so many great people and have the opportunity to race against so many wonderful folks!

But... how is it that our chump car can last for 2 days with all the abuse we put it through, and then not 10 miles from the track on the way home, my personal car catches on fire. A little ironic, especially since the topic of the Car-B-Q award came up at the hotel on Saturday night by certain members of the Chump Car staff... a little suspicious, if you ask me... hmmm...

Yeah, I'm ok, and no-one else was hurt nor was anyone's property damaged but mine.

So to the wonderful Chump Car staff, I'd like to nominate myself for the Car-B-Q award, since you felt so obligated to discuss it in my presence on Saturday night. Too bad y'all weren't there to see it.

And yes, my personal vehicle does qualify to be a chump car. Perhaps we'll repair it and put it on the track...

post-1334-129644390217_thumb.jpg

post-1334-129644392391_thumb.jpg

Guest Trivia Steve

I was driving back to the hotel from the track, when I started to smell heat. I pulled into the Publix shopping center parking lot, and before I could park the car, smoke started pouring out from under the hood. I got out to investigate, and you can see in the picture how it started to boil.

The "punch in the nose" was from the fire department, who had to bust it open to extinguish the fire.

Kudos to the Pooler, GA police and fire department and the 911 dispatcher. They responded in less than 2 minutes.

2006 Chevy "Piece-o-poop-zu", 216,000 miles. RIP.

Guest posnova

216K on a 2006? Damn son, at least you aren't doing that to a car someone would care about <3.

Let me suggest the completely benign, boring, boatlike, barge of a car, the Ford Crown Victoria (or twin Mercury Grand Marquis). As is evidenced by many a police cruiser or taxi, they can handle the mileage alright, and are incredibly comfortable after the seat foams melds to your particular donkey shape. Fuel mileage, not so great.

• Race Control

So to the wonderful Chump Car staff, I'd like to nominate myself for the Car-B-Q award, since you felt so obligated to discuss it in my presence on Saturday night. Too bad y'all weren't there to see it.

From now on our "Car-B-Q" award (which has yet to be won) will be awarded in honor of the fallen Chevy. :lol:

Trivia Steve from Team Super Sentra #55...

Thanks for a fantastic weekend! So thrilled to meet so many great people and have the opportunity to race against so many wonderful folks!

But... how is it that our chump car can last for 2 days with all the abuse we put it through, and then not 10 miles from the track on the way home, my personal car catches on fire. A little ironic, especially since the topic of the Car-B-Q award came up at the hotel on Saturday night by certain members of the Chump Car staff... a little suspicious, if you ask me... hmmm...

Yeah, I'm ok, and no-one else was hurt nor was anyone's property damaged but mine.

And yes, my personal vehicle does qualify to be a chump car. Perhaps we'll repair it and put it on the track...

Congratulations to Team Super Sentra # 55 on your best finish yet !! You guys are great pit partners. Thanks for all your help. I got a little caught up in the finish on Sunday and did not get to thank you guys for all you did for us during the race. We really appreciate your help.

See you in June --