Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm wondering when hood vents became points and whom determined this, was there a petition that the board voted on?  Do hood vents really warrant 2.5 points?  If I was to build  another car to the BCCR were does one find all these extra FPV that are being discussed?  Do we now need to build cars to the BCCR & knowledge base?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scottyk said:

I'm wondering when hood vents became points and whom determined this, was there a petition that the board voted on?  Do hood vents really warrant 2.5 points?  If I was to build  another car to the BCCR were does one find all these extra FPV that are being discussed?  Do we now need to build cars to the BCCR & knowledge base?  

 

If it's an off the shelf product that claims to or does increase cooling and/or downforce, then it should absolutely cost points.

 

If you hack up your stock hood to create louvers using no extra or only repurposed material, then it's free and has been.

 

Even though there have been steps away from it, this is still a builders series.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

Hey Bill, I was wondering if you found an answer to the hood vent question.  When we went through tech earlier this year it was suggested by Jay that we vent the hood (just cut slits in it) since it cost zero points so I'm confused.  Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Technical Advisory Committee
2 hours ago, Bogey Goff said:

Hey Bill, I was wondering if you found an answer to the hood vent question.  When we went through tech earlier this year it was suggested by Jay that we vent the hood (just cut slits in it) since it cost zero points so I'm confused.  Thank you!

 

Hood vents are in the BCCR as 2.5 points each for aftermarket ones.

 

Cutting OE metal would not be additional points.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Chris Huggins said:

 

Hood vents are in the BCCR as 2.5 points each for aftermarket ones.

 

Cutting OE metal would not be additional points.  

I'll assume something beyond riveted vents would be material points.

spacer.png

Edited by Bandit
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Technical Advisory Committee
22 minutes ago, the5 said:

An Angle Grinder is Free! Spend enough time and they will look great!

 

142532781_4084970741522803_1319667659126357040_o.jpg

Close up pictures please 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turbogrill said:

 

Ducting is free right? So those sides in the vent should be fin

Dunno. I'll be claiming about 100 points for aluminum sheet so that should cover the hood duct of someone really wants to measure it all.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mhr650 said:

As I remember it, any ducting in front of the coolers is free, any ducting behind the coolers is points. not sure if that is still the case or even if I remember it right.

 

I can't find it in the BCCR, it just to say something about brake ducts as well. Hmm...either I am blind or it got removed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, turbogrill said:

 

I can't find it in the BCCR, it just to say something about brake ducts as well. Hmm...either I am blind or it got removed.

 

I don't think this ever made it into the rule book, but I remember that is how tech was valuing ductwork. Then again I have been away for a while so things may have changed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2021 at 11:29 AM, the5 said:

An Angle Grinder is Free! Spend enough time and they will look great!

 

 

A lot of measuring, a couple of pieces of wood, very thin cut off wheel and a few hours and this is the result. Hint practice on scrap metal.

20190917_210022[1].jpg

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 2/20/2021 at 12:07 AM, gundy said:

A lot of measuring, a couple of pieces of wood, very thin cut off wheel and a few hours and this is the result. Hint practice on scrap metal.

20190917_210022[1].jpg

Gundy, nice fabrication work! That is exactly what I was aiming to do. Can you share how you did that?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Or is it by louver - Gundy's car could be as many as 8x2.5!

 

I've been having these same thoughts since I wanted to add some to my car.  If I buy a couple of panels, then attach them to each other, does two then become one?

 

So you can spend about $1500 on a louver press and dies get the vents for free or guy buy a cheap ventilated panel but pay points.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...