Let's see those Race car Dash Boards!

Clifford Beisler

Our team has to rebuild our dash this summer to install a tube dash bar.  I plan on having a 10 inch tablet or maybe 2 as the main gauge display.  We will have a mechanical oil pressure and water temp old school gauges also.  What works good? What would you do differently?  

Edited by Lethal Cliff

From left to right: 

fuel gauge / oil pressure gauge / warning lights / water temp gauge / tach / AFR gauge

And a clock behind the steering wheel

And I even taped on little labels so that my teammates (who found it SOOO HARD to memorize the light colours) would know which warning light was which. 

dash.png

Edited by enginerd
  • Like 2

@Huggy makes fun of all of my green gauges so I can’t post a pic of them. A guy can only take so much ridicule. But I use a stock cluster and gauges for oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, voltage, fuel pressure to rail, fuel pressure to surge, and a wideband. 

50 minutes ago, SonsOfIrony said:

Bahahahaha

We had the same clock ziptied is almost the same location in the old car lol.  Best $3.00 at Menards I ever spent.

Same clock we had in the same spot.  Had it since we built the car in 09 (no 2 way radios!)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

Where do I get a stint timer like yours?

It looks like it is no longer available from Amazon, here is the item from my order history.

IS

To find it I just read through reviews and questions, etc on cheap digital clocks until I found one that:
1) used military time
2) reset to midnight @ power on
3) did not go into a setup mode once powered on - just started acting like a clock as soon as it was powered up
4) would work properly (or in this case as an endurance racer would want) without an internal battery to hold time with power off

wish I could help with a working link...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CBraden said:

It looks like it is no longer available from Amazon, here is the item from my order history.

IS

To find it I just read through reviews and questions, etc on cheap digital clocks until I found one that:
1) used military time
2) reset to midnight @ power on
3) did not go into a setup mode once powered on - just started acting like a clock as soon as it was powered up
4) would work properly (or in this case as an endurance racer would want) without an internal battery to hold time with power off

wish I could help with a working link...

I just ordered another one of the same type.  It works when you remove the battery from it, but still power it with the kill switch.  Lemme go get my linky dink. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00Q28WEV2?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Edited by wvumtnbkr
  • Like 2

• Technical Advisory Committee

I use the same clocks.  ICstation was the brand, NLA on amazon.  

Removing the battery makes it reset when the kill switch is flipped, which works awesome for a stint timer.

WzRkfudGjxzwD7NvRj7NIKE6rW1LlfrF8WnEUM4sXlJcv6xu9ACbcxVLx43V2kz8LW8egBkFBeh-P-7F3BM7gNNETpKu5JitvB5lcXSi3X9OekSqR8YRGEdLS3ZpfoZyKuXCr33m

AIM dash, with stock cluster behind it for backup.

nsN7WrL9EEq6rJxFVrG2nVYM_G5xtlOtXiZ1n7-XmXbcAtGePUFbYybPmRCUSUxmfm-mJdLw_-ZtMEM8xR8cn71Z3Ew5aehz0UlFgECElyMGtIUNhnXK6hchmXwJpknYlcg_ont_

Edited by Huggy
  • Like 7

55 minutes ago, Huggy said:

I use the same clocks.  ICstation was the brand, NLA on amazon.  

Removing the battery makes it reset when the kill switch is flipped, which works awesome for a stint timer.

WzRkfudGjxzwD7NvRj7NIKE6rW1LlfrF8WnEUM4sXlJcv6xu9ACbcxVLx43V2kz8LW8egBkFBeh-P-7F3BM7gNNETpKu5JitvB5lcXSi3X9OekSqR8YRGEdLS3ZpfoZyKuXCr33m

AIM dash, with stock cluster behind it for backup.

nsN7WrL9EEq6rJxFVrG2nVYM_G5xtlOtXiZ1n7-XmXbcAtGePUFbYybPmRCUSUxmfm-mJdLw_-ZtMEM8xR8cn71Z3Ew5aehz0UlFgECElyMGtIUNhnXK6hchmXwJpknYlcg_ont_

What is H20T on the Aim vs ECT? The H20T reading makes me glad I live in Texas.

• Haha 1