ChampCar Radio - questions

• Administrators

I started a test of ChampCar Radio at Road Atlanta. The server failed. So that did not work.
Did some tweaks for Sonoma. It worked.

1. Did anyone use the feed to listen to the race?

2. I am using a low quality audio feed due to the cost of high quality. Did that affect your enjoyment of listening to the race?

3. any feedback?

17 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

I started a test of ChampCar Radio at Road Atlanta. The server failed. So that did not work.
Did some tweaks for Sonoma. It worked.

1. Did anyone use the feed to listen to the race?

2. I am using a low quality audio feed due to the cost of high quality. Did that affect your enjoyment of listening to the race?

3. any feedback?

What’s an advantage of a ‘radio broadcast’ over the YouTube video broadcast? I usually put on the YouTube feed and listen while working, checking back periodically to look at the standings or see some in-car. 

Is it just the stripped audio from the video broadcast?

(I didn’t listen to it at Sonoma, was following on YouTube)

Edited by enginerd

• Administrators

It's audio only of the YouTube show.
a weekend is 400mb of data, whereas a yt show can be in the tens of GB of full HD.
This would also save a huge amount of battery life on your device. and some cars can play it too. right now I am using a free server that does not store the data for future listening, as I needed to sort out the tech to strip out the audio from the show. it worked. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

It's audio only of the YouTube show.
a weekend is 400mb of data, whereas a yt show can be in the tens of GB of full HD.
This would also save a huge amount of battery life on your device. and some cars can play it too. right now I am using a free server that does not store the data for future listening, as I needed to sort out the tech to strip out the audio from the show. it worked. 

Wish I would have known, was outside all weekend away from video devices.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

Wish I would have known, was outside all weekend away from video devices.

I know. It failed on me at Road Atlanta. I did not want to publicize it widely until I got it working.

Right now the player is at 
http://cast4.servcast.net:2199/start/mediachampcarorg/
It wont work now because it is live only. 

we will use it again at VIR.
If you have a company that wants to sponsor the radio show like AutoZone does the YT channel, please contact me at bill.strong@champcar.org

• Like 2