Mehoff

GoPro Live streaming

I searched the live-streaming topics and couldn’t find anything specific.   I am looking to add live-streaming to our champ car and was hoping someone that’s already figured it out could weigh in (note: I’m a luddite and this stuff sucks for me).  Want the ability to livestream to YouTube ideally, but am open to other options.  

I have numerous GoPro 2018 cameras (WIFI, but no livestream like the hero7) that I use for my club racer and would like a system that works with them.  Based on what I’ve read, the common options seem to be: get a mifi for the camera and your pit computer and you’re golden.   But having to buy 2 devices and pay the monthly susbscriptions seems insane; there must be a better way.  

Any advice?  I’m open to anything so long as I can use the GoPros....would like to stay under $500. 

Thanks!

-Jack

We are going to Go Pro 7 Blacks and Jetpacks for in the car.         A smart tv and a hotspot in the  pits.     You can rent hotspots for the weekends for a reasonable amount.   The link is here on the forum somewhere as @MoparBoyy posted it. 

www.daypasswireless.com

Two hotspots with unlimated data (through Sprint) comes to $68.40 for the weekend. 

Edited by ross2004
  • Like 2

On 2/24/2020 at 12:20 PM, ross2004 said:

www.daypasswireless.com

Two hotspots with unlimated data (through Sprint) comes to $68.40 for the weekend. 

Yes, thats the one. 

Just be advised that sprint does not work everywhere.
Our CCES company phones used to be Sprint. It was great. They would never ring when we were at tracks. they just did not work.
we are now Verizon.

Here is a video regarding live streaming with a GoPro camera.  Click on the link below. Hope it's helpful.  I discuss what's required to stream, various platforms to choose from, how to configure your YouTube channel, setup a YouTube event for success and how to configure the camera using the GoPro app.  I'll update as necessary.  

Click Here: How to live-stream with a GoPro Camera

Edited by Paulie
  • Like 2