Roll Cage Harness Bar question

QuaTTro

Does the harness bar need to go all the way across the car, or can it terminate at the diagonal?

A friend of mine bought an ex-LeMons car and the harness bar stops at the diagonal.  He's wondering if he's required to add another bar to continue it all the way across.

I don't see any words in the Rules that state it must go all the way, but all the example images show a complete bar all the way across.

Thoughts?

14 minutes ago, QuaTTro said:

Does the harness bar need to go all the way across the car, or can it terminate at the diagonal?

A friend of mine bought an ex-LeMons car and the harness bar stops at the diagonal.  He's wondering if he's required to add another bar to continue it all the way across.

I don't see any words in the Rules that state it must go all the way, but all the example images show a complete bar all the way across.

Thoughts?

What kind of car? How long since it raced, there may be updates required.

A picture would help immensely

Edited by Team Infiniti

Just now, Team Infiniti said:

What kind of car? How long since it raced, there may be updates required.

A picture would help immensely

Yeah it needed several other updates which are all done, including welding all the way around the top bars (sad that this car raced around 3 races).  I'll try to get some pictures when I can.

In this case, there is a single bar (unbroken) diagonal, but the harness bar only goes behind the driver and stops at the diagonal.

• Like 1