Sign in to follow this  
Philip944

1995 Acura Legend for Sale

Our team has decided to move on and get back into the realm of Miatas.  As such, we are offering our 1995 Acura Legend for sale.  We purchased this car from the original builders in 2017 and have run the car sparingly over the past few seasons.  We ran  the 2017 Road America Regional Championship where we were running just within the top 10 around hour 13 when minor contact with the wall punctured our radiator.  We didn't notice the small leak because of the rain and this resulted in overheating and a complete professional engine rebuild.   We then ran the 2019 Charlotte race where we lost 4th gear with 4 hours remaining in the race and still managed to finish 15th.  We then had a rough go at Road American this past fall and haven't had the time to address the issues.  At RdAm we lost 2nd & 3rd gears, the left front axle failed, lost power steering and had progressively tightening of the steering.  The car is being sold as is.  We just don't have the time or energy to invest in the car.  The car is being priced accordingly.  We purchased the car in 2017 for the $11,900 asking price in exchange for continued support from the original builders, which we received in spades.  Here is the orginal for sale ad:

This car has the pedigree to be very competitive, as evidenced from it's prior success and accolades, as well as our mediocre finishes even with our less than 'Maximum  Effort' approach to race weekends (we enjoy the irony of our team name).  We've not added anything to the car but an LSD. We ran the car at 487pts in RdAm last fall.  

What is included:

1995 Acura Legend sold as is

Extra 3.2L type II motor from original donor car

An insane amount of extra suspension, braking, transmission, driveline components

Spare doors (they're hard to find)

Spare Ebay 6spd transmission 

Extra set of RL wheels

What it needs:

New transmission (included)

Left front axle (spare included)

Possibly steering rack

Seat

Harnesses

Updated/Recertified fire system

Metal enclosure for fuel lines running in driver compartment

Transponder 

I am happy to answer any and all questions.  We are staying in the series and want the next owners to succeed.  We are selling because we have always been fans of the Miata platform and have honestly struggled to get all teammates comfortable with this car. We have also struggled, at times, to find spare parts for it when needed.  That's another reason why the spares are of such potential value.  I will be absolutely honest with potential buyers.  I want to be very transparent.    The car is being offered at $5500 or best offer.  Potential buyers will  want to bring a big trailer and truck.  It is insane the amount of spare parts that we have for this car.  PM me with questions or offers.  I'll be happy to discuss details over the phone. 

Located in Lexington, KY

IMG_0478.thumb.jpeg.e38ff7376c0d2a0f03d6e8ac61ef1cec.jpeg

IMG_0481.thumb.jpeg.79ebb8d598a4c2979bac19513d0eec78.jpeg

Edited by Philip944

Damn, great car for someone.  Our team was looking at buying this and you guys got it before we could pull the trigger so we built the Cobra.

1 hour ago, MoparBoyy said:

Damn, great car for someone.  Our team was looking at buying this and you guys got it before we could pull the trigger so we built the Cobra.

I concur.  I miss racing this thing.  IN the right hands it is a deadly weapon.  It sounds unbelievable also.

• Thanks 1

This was my dream car in high school back in the 90's when I was driving my busted up 86 Integra.  Good luck with the sale.  18 Gallons and 230HP sounds fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MoparBoyy said:

Thank you. Seems the Cobra is working out well though!  

9 hours ago, Huggy said:

I concur.  I miss racing this thing.  IN the right hands it is a deadly weapon.  It sounds unbelievable also.

Thanks.  I absolutely believe that it is a highly capable car.  I love the power, fuel capacity and the SOUND!  Our new Miata just sounds like a tin can full of pissed off bumble bees.