Rear glass

Grolsh

Understanding is that the aftermarket lightweight (i.e. Treasure Coast) Miata hardtop is zero points. Lexan/polycarbonate can replace the rear glass for zero points as long as it is in the OE location and is the OE size and shape. Section 9.3 in the BCCR. 

1 hour ago, Snorman said:

The rules are in the BCCR. Suggest reading them. 

I have. Like most things in this series it is somewhat unclear. Not my first rodeo.

Thanks Ray. Wonder why the rules just don’t say that.

Edited by Grolsh
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grolsh said:

I have. Like most things in this series it is somewhat unclear. Not my first rodeo.

Thanks Ray. Wonder why the rules just don’t say that.

The rules do say exactly what Ray posted. 

• 9.1.4. Rear glass may remain in the car provided it is covered by a glass safety film like 3M™ Automotive Window Film Scotchshield™ Security Series.
  • 9.3.3. All polycarbonate rear windows or hatches are required to have at least two (2) 1” x 1/8” aluminum safety straps installed on the OUTSIDE of the window/hatch to support the window and keep it from separating from the vehicle. Straps must extend the full length of the window/hatch and must be securely attached to the chassis or roll-cage
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Snorman said:

The rules do say exactly what Ray posted. 

• 9.1.4. Rear glass may remain in the car provided it is covered by a glass safety film like 3M™ Automotive Window Film Scotchshield™ Security Series.
  • 9.3.3. All polycarbonate rear windows or hatches are required to have at least two (2) 1” x 1/8” aluminum safety straps installed on the OUTSIDE of the window/hatch to support the window and keep it from separating from the vehicle. Straps must extend the full length of the window/hatch and must be securely attached to the chassis or roll-cage

Read 9.1.1.   I’m done with this no need to for your response.

Edited by Grolsh

9 hours ago, Grolsh said:

Read 9.1.1.   I’m done with this no need to for your response.

Now read 9.1.2.

"9.1.2. For cars and/or teams NEW to ChampCar (first event), cars MAY retain original window and/or sunroof glass provided:

9.1.2.1. ALL glass is properly and thoroughly taped.

9.1.2.2. A ONE-TIME provision shall be noted in the vehicle log book. This is a single event waiver."

Edited by mender
  • Thanks 1