Jump to content

Rear glass


Grolsh
 Share

Recommended Posts

Understanding is that the aftermarket lightweight (i.e. Treasure Coast) Miata hardtop is zero points. Lexan/polycarbonate can replace the rear glass for zero points as long as it is in the OE location and is the OE size and shape. Section 9.3 in the BCCR. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snorman said:

The rules are in the BCCR. Suggest reading them. 

I have. Like most things in this series it is somewhat unclear. Not my first rodeo.

 

Thanks Ray. Wonder why the rules just don’t say that.

Edited by Grolsh
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Grolsh said:

I have. Like most things in this series it is somewhat unclear. Not my first rodeo.

 

Thanks Ray. Wonder why the rules just don’t say that.

The rules do say exactly what Ray posted. 

  • 9.1.4. Rear glass may remain in the car provided it is covered by a glass safety film like 3M™ Automotive Window Film Scotchshield™ Security Series.
  • 9.3.3. All polycarbonate rear windows or hatches are required to have at least two (2) 1” x 1/8” aluminum safety straps installed on the OUTSIDE of the window/hatch to support the window and keep it from separating from the vehicle. Straps must extend the full length of the window/hatch and must be securely attached to the chassis or roll-cage
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Snorman said:

The rules do say exactly what Ray posted. 

  • 9.1.4. Rear glass may remain in the car provided it is covered by a glass safety film like 3M™ Automotive Window Film Scotchshield™ Security Series.
  • 9.3.3. All polycarbonate rear windows or hatches are required to have at least two (2) 1” x 1/8” aluminum safety straps installed on the OUTSIDE of the window/hatch to support the window and keep it from separating from the vehicle. Straps must extend the full length of the window/hatch and must be securely attached to the chassis or roll-cage

Read 9.1.1.   I’m done with this no need to for your response.

Edited by Grolsh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Grolsh said:

Read 9.1.1.   I’m done with this no need to for your response.

Now read 9.1.2.

"9.1.2. For cars and/or teams NEW to ChampCar (first event), cars MAY retain original window and/or sunroof glass provided:

9.1.2.1. ALL glass is properly and thoroughly taped.

9.1.2.2. A ONE-TIME provision shall be noted in the vehicle log book. This is a single event waiver."

 

 

Edited by mender
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...