Loving the new Tech Desk (Seriously)

I am really liking the tech desk.  I submit my question, with photos, I can track the progress, get an official answer, they are shared and public.  Great move ChampCar.

Scott

Edited by Scott
  • Like 6

I also agree that the tech desk has been for the most part a big step in the right direction. My only concern is that some questions aren't being made public. I asked for clarification on the window net rule, and it turns out Tech is requiring something that is not in any way specified in the BCCR. They answered me swiftly, and clarified it, but it is still not in the knowledge base. If you were a new team coming into Champ, the only way you would be able to find this out is if you either showed up at tech with it and were told to fix it, or if you happened to stumble on the forum thread about it. It makes me wonder what else is being answered but not published. IMO, every question that is not about a specific thing pertaining to someones build should be public. Other than that, its a really great tool. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Johnpickard79 said:

It makes me wonder what else is being answered but not published. IMO, every question that is not about a specific thing pertaining to someones build should be public.

I would go further, anything where the response can't be cut and pasted from the BCCR should be public.  I'm finding stuff that in my opinion does not agree with the BCCR.  Maybe my interpretation is wrong, but I gather I'm not the only one from other chatter on the forum.  If it's all public, we can hash it out somewhere other than in the tech shed.  Granted that puts a damper on the "secret sauce" we all want to find (and not share).  But if one guy's secret sauce is actually free parts that no one else knows about, then that's a big problem.

For what it's worth, I've received 13 responses through the tech desk, 5 of which are posted to the knowledge base.

Edited by Grufton
forgot one...
  • Like 3

• Technical Advisory Committee
1 hour ago, Scott said:

I think there is a small delay in answered being published - Maybe that's some of the 'not posted' questions you're seeing.

Not all answers are being posted, by intent.  I hope that will change soon though 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...