Sign in to follow this  
Bill Strong

Official 2020 - The South Florida 7+7-Hour Enduros

On 3/10/2020 at 4:00 PM, jbbugs said:

The reverse direction might be fun.

The normal configuration is kinda Blah.

Regardless, I’ll still run there.

When it’s only 45 minutes from my shop, I kinda Have to run it.

I agree with all the above, I only live 20 minutes north of the track.

At least backward will be different.

Finally got the team together and registered for our first ChampCar race at PBIR. We are really looking forward to meeting all of you and getting out on the track!

We have car #2 Debuting @ PBIR and plan on car #1 as well (both actual Infiniti, the BMW isn't done yet)

• Like 2

On 6/22/2020 at 4:11 PM, Bogey Goff said:

Finally got the team together and registered for our first ChampCar race at PBIR. We are really looking forward to meeting all of you and getting out on the track!

It's way more friendly to meet them in the paddock... 

lol

I really need to learn how to read

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 7:16 AM, Mazmarc said:

Wow Dana, interesting concept. Thanks for doing this. Excited to participate 

I too have been going to this track since 1993. I believe motorcycle groups used to run it counter-clockwise.

As far as tire wear, my educated guess would be the LF is gonna take a beating on Sat, RF on Sunday. Longest race I have run on the new configuration (PBIR) is three hours and the LF Hoosier held up well.

We did a 24 there with lemons. Tirewear was not any worse that other tracks for our 4 cylinder MR2s. we also ran harder rubber there back then.

Our team just saw the email update re: PBIR and I just want to again state that I'm 100% against running the track in another configuration and backwards (or whatever) on Day 2. 

12 hours ago, Snorman said:

Our team just saw the email update re: PBIR and I just want to again state that I'm 100% against running the track in another configuration and backwards (or whatever) on Day 2. 

Due to covid-19 issues, and how many staff will be onsite, we will no longer run that config. 
I have updated the supps to reflect that.

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2020 at 9:24 AM, Bill Strong said:

Due to covid-19 issues, and how many staff will be onsite, we will no longer run that config. 
I have updated the supps to reflect that.

I was looking forward to reverse direction as something different. This way I don't have to waste money on the HOD day to see how to run it. Never could get an answer from HOD if the fee was per car or per driver.

Will we be allowed to set up pits Friday or do we have to wait till Sat morning?

Are the number of people in the pits being limited like Daytona.

Edited by gundy

2 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

Per driver but he is Champ friendly, have a talk with him.

2 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

Per driver but he is Champ friendly, have a talk with him.

I have tried, called twice and sent an email. no answer to all 3.

I don't recall there being a limit on the number of people in the pits at Daytona. 

The race doesn't start until 9:30 on Saturday so we have a ton of time to set up pits. 

10 hours ago, Snorman said:

I don't recall there being a limit on the number of people in the pits at Daytona. 

The race doesn't start until 9:30 on Saturday so we have a ton of time to set up pits. 

Pit Passes: Only drivers and essential crew are allowed on pitlane. You must show your pit/driver band to get on pitlane. Guest Pass: No Guests are allowed on the DIS property. Only drivers and essential crew.

I guess wives and girlfriends are counted as essential crew. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gundy said:

Pit Passes: Only drivers and essential crew are allowed on pitlane. You must show your pit/driver band to get on pitlane. Guest Pass: No Guests are allowed on the DIS property. Only drivers and essential crew.

Well there was no limit on the number of people in the pits. In order to be in the pit, people needed to be crew which is pretty easy to do. 

1 hour ago, gundy said:

Going by what happened at Nelson Ledges, they need to identify themselves as crew if ever asked. My wife showed up at the gate and when asked her “role” she forgot that she was providing essential assistance this time and defaulted to “spectator”, the person at the gate said “try again”. Haha.

Edited by enginerd

17 hours ago, gundy said:

I was looking forward to reverse direction as something different. This way I don't have to waste money on the HOD day to see how to run it. Never could get an answer from HOD if the fee was per car or per driver.

Per Car. Adam was supposed to update that info on the HOD site. Probably hasn't gotten to it yet.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gundy said:

Everyone participating in our event must be a member of ChampCar, it's part of our insurance requirements. If you're on pit lane, you are participating and must be listed in your registration as either a driver or crew member.

With the Covid restrictions, no one will be allowed in unless they are registered as participants.

• Like 3