2020 BCCR updated to 2020v3

Bill Strong

• Administrators

Per the BOD the 2020 BCCR has been updated to Version 3. Changes in the back of the BCCR and below. The swap form has also been updated.

https://champcar.org/mainweb/rules/

Changes…

updated by wds 3/5/2020
Page 15 – 4.5.8. removed as it is already covered in 4.7.8.  – 
4.5.8. Vehicles can use any differential gear / final drive gear for that vehicle’s same model and chassis generation.  (i.e. – A 1988 BMW 325i may use any differential gear offered from a 1985-1991 BMW 325i)

4.5.3.  OE to manifold
4.5.3.1. Any OE exhaust manifold from a vehicle on the VPI Early/Late List can be used on a swapped engine for zero (0) points. Aftermarket headers will be 25 points on all vehicles regardless of fitment issues. Effective on July 1st, 2020. Changed to 1/1/2021 with BCCR v3.0.1.

Swap Form updated with text for header points –
See 4.5.3.1. 25-points for aftermarket headers.

Updated BCCR version – 3.0.0.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey Bill, I know it's a bit late for this round, but shouldn't we update 4.7.8 to say "final drive ratio" instead of "rear end ratio" ? I meant to submit a petition but missed the window...

Also does 4.5.3.1 do away with the 2pt "cast iron manifold loophole" and the Ecotech Miata header exception or are those still standing? 

Edited by Wittenauer Racing
grammar

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Wittenauer Racing said:

Hey Bill, I know it's a bit late for this round, but shouldn't we update 4.7.8 to say "final drive ratio" instead of "rear end ratio" ?

Also does 4.5.3.1 do away with the 2pt "cast iron manifold loophole" and the Ecotech Miata header exception or are those still standing? 

I will not write the text. I will make recommendations. Maybe that rule is aimed at RWD cars. I don't know.
I take what I am given and put that in.
I would suggest emailing the BOD.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Wittenauer Racing said:

Hey Bill, I know it's a bit late for this round, but shouldn't we update 4.7.8 to say "final drive ratio" instead of "rear end ratio" ?

I'm waiting for the Polaris Slingshot to arrive on the VPI Early/Late List so the ecotec miata guys can continue using that header for free

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Wittenauer Racing said:

Also does 4.5.3.1 do away with the 2pt "cast iron manifold loophole"

There is at least 1 petition covering this issue. Expect those petitions to be posted for the comment period in the next month as I think the BOD meeting is at WGI?

Edited by enginerd
  • Thanks 1

4.7.8. Rear-end gear-ratios are open to all OEM differentials available for that year, make, and model or chassis generaton (excluding specialty high-performance models not listed on the VPI table)

Are winter package cars now on the VPI list?   :ph34r:

@Bill Strong  might wanna spell generation correctly in the rule book.

Edited by Snake

Bahaha!  Glad I just swapped to (2) OEM right side manifolds for my swap.

Yay for predicting the future.

I'm glad this is happening.  Taking away free stuff is finally happening.  That silly loophole of allowing headers needed closed.  (Says a person that ran headers on a swap but still accounted for them with free points)

Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JDChristianson said:

Thank goodness that problem is fixed.............

But what will everyone's hair be on fire about next?

Fast miatas, thunderbirds,  and mr2s.

Also, repurposed materials, camaro that never came with 350 v8 and manual transmissions, and Porsches.

Dude, we got plenty of work to do.

Green font?  

Haha!

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Also, repurposed materials, camaro that never came with 350 v8 and manual transmissions, and Porsches.

Green font?  

Haha!

I dunno, gm V6's are pretty sketchy, especially if they come from Canada....😅

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Green font?  

Haha!

oh yea I had almost forgot about hating those things.   

Thanks

• Like 1

• Technical Advisory Committee
7 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

I think swapped e30s are exactly as fast as e30s with aero.

Right? @Huggy

So far, this has very much been the case, however I have a few more things to do on the aero car since 90% of my research and development in the past 2 years has been put towards the swap chassis.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Huggy said:

So far, this has very much been the case, however I have a few more things to do on the aero car

I hear keeping all 4 wheels on the car while it's on track helps tremendously.... 😆 

Too soon?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 3/11/2020 at 3:00 PM, QuaTTro said:

I'm waiting for the Polaris Slingshot to arrive on the VPI Early/Late List so the ecotec miata guys can continue using that header for free

They added the Equinox to the VPI list so that you can now you use that manifold on an ectotec miata swap.  So now 3  wrongs to make a right.  1. Can use any header on vpi list. 2. Added Equinox to VPI list as if anybody would ever race one. 3. Made it a mid-year change rather than waiting until 2021 as I had originally heard.  This is egregious enough that it may force me to vote with my wallet. Not in anyway happy with this mid-year change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1