Champcar marketing data

I am looking to see if Champcar has any fact sheets, info-graphics or marketing data that they can share with teams in our attempt to gain sponsors.   It is obvious that something must exist, or we wouldn’t have been able to get the great series sponsors that we have. 

I am asking because I have a company who might be interested in helping our team out, but they want to have some more data and back-up other than “Ya we like racing”.    Some of the things I would love to be able to explain them are:

·         Champcar has xxx members

·         The broadcasts reach xxx viewers

·         Demographics of our members / and viewers

·         Number of attendants at each race

Since we are a community based series I would be nice if we could share these things.  I mean if we could talk a couple companies out of some pocket change our team might be able to attend a couple more races a year.  I think this would only better our community and help everyone out.

• Like 1

Isn't this a member run organization?

Shouldn't we be able to know the average race attendance and overall membership numbers?

Broadcast should be able to be captured from YouTube viewed by numbers.

Demographics is probably harder to get.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Shouldn't we be able to know the average race attendance and overall membership numbers?

I agree. For what reason is the data not publicized?

3 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

For real.  If I pick up a sponsor that will help cover some of the cost of races, then there is a good chance I will run more races.  That's good for CCES.

I agree with the sentiments expressed here. I will discuss with the BoD and see if we can get something started in this regard.

Personally, I would like to see a comprehensive demographic survey, but with the current "atmosphere" of the beer virus I am not sure of the value. I wonder how many members would take the time to answer, In light of the weak response to BoD elections where so few voted.

I can't promise when we will get to it as we have over 100 petitions to get through.

Needless to say they are important too, but they take a considerable amount of time to sort through and that does keep us from other things..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Administrators

We have 1,000,000 members and reach 50,000,000 viewers each live show in 105 countries. #greenfont

Members I think its around 4,000 active. 

I dont know all the numbers.

Demographics are hard because there has been no official survey done. Look at the races and you should be able to get a good feel of who is attending. 

I have zero data on the live show. That is all Bill. 

Number of people showing up, just take number of entries x 4 drivers and there you have your number. Maybe add 25-50 people extra for family and friends. 

• Like 6

• Administrators

All of our public data is released via the Year end financial report.
You can gather the data from that.

https://champcar.org/mainweb/pdf/2018ChampCarMemberBoardMeetingPPT.pdf

https://champcar.org/mainweb/pdf/ChampCar_2018_Annual_Financial_Report.pdf

Bill, Thanks for the links.  This give me a little bit of what i was looking for but i was hoping for more.   If this is not something that we don't have gathered up yet maybe we could make it to the To Do List.  

Maybe with this whole COVID issue it might be a perfect time to reach out to all of our members.  I mean what else can they do right now with everyone being locked in and stuck in their houses / garages.  

For a while i was a member the Brewer's Association and they compiled all kinds of good information from all of their members.  They were able to compile all of this data and provide good clear deliverable that could be shared and used by members.  These things worked great for business plans and explaining that particular market very well.  I was hoping we could have something similar.  An example of what i was hoping for is below.  

I am not asking for this info-graphic specifically but just some data so i could put something like this together.  

Image result for brewers association infographic

Edited by smitham32803