Mike's Red Flag Video - NCM March Race Closing

"in the next couple weeks either the world will come to an end, or everyone will come to our senses and realize that we are under control, we're fine". 

There is zero information that supports either of these outcomes.  The world won't come to an end nor will we be fine with the status quo.  Just wanted to be clear because there are a number of these narratives that are just false.  Leadership of the organization should approach this rationally using data made available by experts and make sure its upholding its fiduciary duty to its members.  All evidence points to this being longer than two weeks and likely closer to eight or twelve weeks, followed by a recession.

I just hope the organization is planning accordingly.  I know Jer mentioned in meetings past about plans for a potential recession which is awesome planning, now that we are on the cliff its important that we are thinking rationally and planning for likely outcomes, not rhetoric on either extreme.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, enginerd said:

Missed a golden opportunity to plug the ChampCar sim series!

I'll do it for him then (and also refuse to get involved in the minutiae of debate regarding the severity of the ongoing issue - suffice to say that this will be a situation that develops over a number of weeks and the financial ramifications will last considerably longer). 

iRacing is STILL 100% pandemic-resistant and offers a quarantine-safe space in which to get your weekly motorsport fix and stay in touch with the ChampCar community via the ChampCar iRacing Series. Round 4 (Daytona) is on 25-March, with a practice round tomorrow. Reminder that there is a prize at the end of the season awarded at random to someone who has completed a minimum of 12 rounds (of 16) for the year, and that prize is $1500 credit to a real ChampCar event. 

All details over in our section of the forum, come and say hi.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rapido said:

I'll do it for him then (and also refuse to get involved in the minutiae of debate regarding the severity of the ongoing issue - suffice to say that this will be a situation that develops over a number of weeks and the financial ramifications will last considerably longer). 

iRacing is STILL 100% pandemic-resistant and offers a quarantine-safe space in which to get your weekly motorsport fix and stay in touch with the ChampCar community via the ChampCar iRacing Series. Round 4 (Daytona) is on 25-March, with a practice round tomorrow. Reminder that there is a prize at the end of the season awarded at random to someone who has completed a minimum of 12 rounds (of 16) for the year, and that prize is $1500 credit to a real ChampCar event. 

All details over in our section of the forum, come and say hi.

Can you guys ramp that up to more races?  Although I enjoy iRacing, I can't believe how many competitors are like Michael Freaking Schumacher, perfect trail brakes, rotation around inch perfect apex's, then we get to the track and people are on the wrong side of the track, lol. 

Edited by LuckyKid
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2