ChampCar iRacing Special Event: 7 Hours of Daytona

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The ongoing coronavirus crisis around the world is playing havoc with the global motorsport schedule. CCES is not immune to this and has sadly seen the recent postponement of events at NCM and Daytona

Also, I can host a couple practice sessions leading up to the event, so everyone's able to try doing pit stops, fast repairs and driver changes.

Some updates to provide regarding this event, based upon feedback and entries received so far.   We are moving to a two class race, eliminating the Mustang class and sticking with Cayman/Mi

Posted Images

Team Name: Fatcrack Racing

Number: 969

Class: Cayman GT4

Driver 1: Dustin Besch

Driver 2: W Christian Ward

Driver 3: Rob Crocker

Reserve: Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho

Edited by dirtybird222
drivers
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, dirtybird222 said:

Team Name: Fatcrack Racing

Number: 969

Class: Miata ND

Driver 1: Dustin Besch

Driver 2: TBD 

Driver 3: Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho

So driver 2 is Not Sure?

Practice race session will take place tonight. One hour race but run on team rules so team entry requirement and fair driving rule in effect.

Session starts 8pm Eastern, Race starts 9pm Eastern.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad we had a practice race. Our team had a couple issues like each person accidentally creating duplicate teams and then once you were in that team it wouldn’t let you get out. We’ll make sure we get that right for the next race. 

Make sure you update the Porsche before the race even if your driving the Miata or it won’t let you join. 

I was lucky enough to qualify on pole in the Miata and then spun in turn 1. I don’t think I hit anyone but sorry if I forced y’all off. Is the actual race going to be separated by classes? My crew chief kept telling us we were 20 seconds off the pace...

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, AtlJimK said:

Will the broadcaster be able to show Trading Paints liveries? We have a bespoke skin and would like to have it be visible to the audience.

Trading paints worked last night, so I would assume so. Don’t know if each driver needs to upload locally or it carries over, but I would take the safe road and get all drivers to upload the livery just in case.

Glad everyone enjoyed the practice race - definitely helpful to work out a few kinks. I'll do a quick write-up on iRacing team events this week and post here to ensure other teams have a reference if they didn't make it last night.

@cowboys647 - confirm, the official event will be class based, that was my bad when setting up the practice race as I forgot to flip the switch to use the proper classing system

@AtlJimK - yes, custom schemes will feature on the broadcast if they've been set up correctly by the team owners on Trading Paints itself. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Will the race be open setup, and is there a fuel capacity limit? 

Thanks for hosting the practice session. Ditto what others said - don't accidentally make a new team because you can't undo it (which is crazy)!

Definitely need to practice this week, but to be fair, last night was the first time I've logged on in months and I downloaded the Cayman 30 minutes before practice started, so I was happy to not be too much of a rolling chicane. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, pintodave said:

Will the race be open setup, and is there a fuel capacity limit? 

Open setup, no fuel limit. Two hour drive time rule is in effect. Miata goes about 70 minutes on a tank, the Porsche about 80 minutes. 

• Thanks 1