MyLaps TR2 Transponder

• Administrators

Looks as if MyLaps has released a new transponder. The auto version works with our timing equipment.
Info here
https://speedhiveshop.mylaps.com/car/tr2-transponder-car.html

Quick Start Guide
https://mylaps.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/#D0000000oHhG/a/2p000000kKLi/J.rpFL1F3clLHjPE2iHgGLLqHQ9pH8ju34U9rb56CNM

BCCR will be updated with the new info in version 3.0.1 which will need to be approved before I post. Look for it in a few days. Super minor edits.

• Members

Pro Tip-

Mylaps does not send a reminder notice (at the time anyway) when the X2 needs to be renewed. It will charge like normal, but not give a signal.  Ask me how I know, uggg. I thought I did the 2 year buy when I got it and only did 1 year. Live and learn.

Also, when you renew it they send you a file, you need to connect the x2 to the pc and remove the old and install the new and have mutliple file locations opens. It can be a pita to get it to renew.   

• Sad 1

I have actually taken whether or not a car has an old transponder still in it as part of a buying decision.  Bought an old Formula Ford chassis that still had a transponder attached - figured it netted my acqisition cost down AT LEAST $500.  Same with a few old SCCA Improved Touring chassis.  Sometimes you can buy a transponder cheaper by getting the whole car, remove transponder, sell car.  Seems like a lot of work, but $500+ for a used transponder (and sometimes much more) is tough.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1