CCiS Fun Round #1 - Nurburgring Shenanigans

Rapido

I told Doc that this season, we wouldn't be having practice rounds every single week, both to cut back on the administrative burden and to save myself a few dollars. However, given the current situation in the country, I feel like now, more than ever, we need something to distract ourselves from reality for a short while. The benefit of a virtual racing simulator is that we are not bound by travel restrictions or logistical considerations, and that's why we're taking the whole CCiS field to Germany!

Join us for fun race around the famous Nordschleife. No points are on the line, fast repairs are unlimited, and results don't matter, so hop on the Discord and come and hang out with your fellow ChampCar enthusiasts. All three cars from the CCiS season will be present, so this is a great opportunity to both get more comfortable with the simulator and to practice your car control on one of the most difficult circuits in the world. 

Session Details

• Fun Round: Wednesday, 1-April-2020
  • Practice Start: 7:00pm ET
  • Qualifying Start: 9:00pm ET
  • Race Start: 10:00pm ET
  • Cars: Street Stock, Mazda MX-5 NC Cup, Pontiac Solstice
  • Track: Nurburgring Nordschleife - Industriefahrten
  • In-Sim Session Date: Friday, 15-May-2020
  • In-Sim Session Start Time: 6:30am
  • In-Sim Time Multiplier: 1x
  • Weather: Auto-Generated
  • Setup: Street Stock - download here, Mazda- baseline, Pontiac - baseline
  • Fast Repairs: Unlimited
  • License Requirements: None

Useful Links

ChampCar iRacing Series - League Application

Discord Server

2020 ChampCar iRacing Series schedule

Guide to iRacing and Hardware

How to create your own iRacing paints

iRacing Tips and Resources

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Anyone have any insight why my chat and spotter sound would have stopped working on my rift? I confirmed that they weren't disabled in the settings and changed the sound device from rift to default and back. Nothing...Teams wasn't muted. Seemed that you could hear me but I couldnt hear you 

Update. I rebooted my computer, unplugged all the usb and HDMI cords, swore multiple times, took a java update, took an iracing update, fracked around with some settings in an unpredictable and non systematic approach and I can now hear my spotter.

• Like 2