RX7 4 pot calipers to Miata

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2481250045460853&id=1776251722627359&comment_id=2481608038758387&notif_t=comment_mention&notif_id=1585959892495061&ref=m_notif

Let me know if this linky no worky. These guys sell adapter brackets to fit FC/FD RX7 4 piston calipers on a Miata with 11.5in Mini Cooper rotors. Should fit in the 2X rule nicely. They are running a group buy and need at least 20 to bring the price down to around $150. They fit under 15in wheels if the backspacing is correct. Check em out on FB and Instagram

Just an fyi....  You are limited on what pads you can get.  The good ones are pricey.

Also, they are getting harder and harder to find good calipers for these cars.

Just letting y'all know!

For the same money, you could probably get adapters to run wilwoods and have better and cheaper pad options while still fitting below 2x.

Actually, I'm not sure they are below 2x for miata, but wilwoods certainly are for the rx7.

Edited by wvumtnbkr
  • Like 1

I have a bin of all the bad stock miata calipers we've accumulated, maybe 12 total.  We had stock rears fail twice and I am very happy we moved the rears to Wilwoods as well.

I just can't trust an OEM caliper.

Wilwoods are lighter, easier pad changes, seemingly more reliable.  Wilwoods are just a better option for us.

I have a 2x front and rear kit if you are interested.  www.ruggedbadger.com

in the morning I'm installing a new kit using the power lite radial caliper, which will work with 90-93, 94+, Sport rotors, and Wilwood 2pcs on my street miata for testing.

On 4/4/2020 at 1:12 AM, LuckyKid said:

I have a bin of all the bad stock miata calipers we've accumulated, maybe 12 total.  We had stock rears fail twice and I am very happy we moved the rears to Wilwoods as well.

I just can't trust an OEM caliper.

Wilwoods are lighter, easier pad changes, seemingly more reliable.  Wilwoods are just a better option for us.

I have a 2x front and rear kit if you are interested.  www.ruggedbadger.com

in the morning I'm installing a new kit using the power lite radial caliper, which will work with 90-93, 94+, Sport rotors, and Wilwood 2pcs on my street miata for testing.

We're you running oem from Mazda or parts store pieces?  The parts store pieces are rebuilt and use seals that don't last imho.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 7:49 PM, wvumtnbkr said:

Just an fyi....  You are limited on what pads you can get.  The good ones are pricey.

Also, they are getting harder and harder to find good calipers for these cars.

Just letting y'all know!

For the same money, you could probably get adapters to run wilwoods and have better and cheaper pad options while still fitting below 2x.

Actually, I'm not sure they are below 2x for miata, but wilwoods certainly are for the rx7.

What he said.  The RX7 4 piston calipers are hard to find.  I am building a new RX7 and came to this and was looking for new calipers and Rock auto only has the left one.  None to be found anywhere else. 

I am going to use a wilwood caliper on mine now and make a bracket for it.  A ton of selection of pads for the wilwoods as well.

JC

17 minutes ago, jkrueger said:

What he said.  The RX7 4 piston calipers are hard to find.  I am building a new RX7 and came to this and was looking for new calipers and Rock auto only has the left one.  None to be found anywhere else. 

I am going to use a wilwood caliper on mine now and make a bracket for it.  A ton of selection of pads for the wilwoods as well.

JC

Can you keep me posted on your progress?  Thanks!

• Like 1