Need a raceseat... how to get one at the moment...

I need a decent fia seat.  I don't want anything aluminum.

Most of the good deals are from Europe right now.  Unfortunately, shipping is killing the good deals.

Anybody know where I can get a good condition, current, fia seat for around $600?

I ordered a bimarco future fia seat,  but it isn't scheduled to ship for about 1 month....

I'm hoping to race at wgi, or at least test my car around the end of May.  

Any help is appreciated!

Rob R.

• Technical Advisory Committee
14 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Most of the good deals are from Europe right now.  Unfortunately, shipping is killing the good deals.

Anybody know where I can get a good condition, current, fia seat for around $600?

I ordered a bimarco future fia seat,  but it isn't scheduled to ship for about 1 month....

Any help is appreciated!

Rob R.

You didn't go with a containment seat like the BiMarco Grip?

Nope.  I have enough of a hard time looking out of the car as it is.  Every one I have sat in made me feel blind to the sides.

I know that they are less safe, but I am willing to make that compromise to have better vision.

20 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Any help is appreciated!

Rob R.

Something like this? $679 and free shipping. Shows 3 in stock. 

OMPHA766EN-OMP-Champ-R-Race-Seat_1024x10

https://90racing.com/products/omp-champ-r-fia-race-seat-ha-766e-n?_pos=1&_sid=8cf9195b6&_ss=r

12 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

I saw those.  What do you think?  I havent sat in one.

Do you know if they have removable padding?

Thanks,

Rob R.

I think that is what we have in the silver saab, and everyone loves it.  I don't know about the padding, but I'll get you in touch with someone who probably does. 

5 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

I saw those.  What do you think?  I havent sat in one.

Do you know if they have removable padding?

Thanks,

Rob R.

If I'm not mistake, that is essentially a non containment version of the HTE, which we had in the old car, and yes it is a very comfortable seat.  Yes the padding is removable.

6 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Nope.  I have enough of a hard time looking out of the car as it is.  Every one I have sat in made me feel blind to the sides.

I know that they are less safe, but I am willing to make that compromise to have better vision.

Your vision is not impaired.  It does take some getting used to the side bolsters.  This is the same as getting used to wearing a HANS device.  You get comfortable moving your eyes not your head.  Discovery has a good deal on Racetech to include side mounts and shipping.  Don't take your safety lightly.  I know you built a new car and included a bunch of extra safety items.  Try the halo seat and protect yourself.  Come drive my car and see how it feels.  

• Like 1

You should really consider a HALO seat. I'm not sure what you mean by impairing your vision, where are you looking??? Takes about twenty minutes to get used to one and then once you get into a car on track without one you'll feel naked (same with the HANS).

Also, better vision isn't going to help you when you destroy your neck in a side impact wreck. But, to each his own.

Edited by shutupracing
  • Like 4

I've been running a halo seat since 2014 and I'll never go back.  And there's no vision impairment at all with the good ones.

Some of the older seats with giant head wings did suck, but today's seats protrude just far enough to protect the helmet.  My HANS device limits my vision more than my seat does.  Even with sliding tethers.

• Like 1

We have a Momo in our car and you definitely notice the Halo.  @Huggy has the OMP in his cars and I never really notice the Halo.  @Burningham has a power seat slider and i think massagers in there as well....

Bottom line, Run the HALO!!!  You got lucky once!

BTW...caint wait to see the new build!

John

Danger Racing Group

Dangers OUT

Champcar Daytona 7hr Iracing Podium Finisher!!

Edited by Hurljohn
  • Like 1

We bought a Sparco Circuit racing seat from this website. It ships from Europe but we got free shipping for Christmas. Took about a month to get here. Most of them are fiberglass rally seats but they are fiberglass or carbon fiber FIA grade seats. One thing I can say is watch out for the seat sizes because those rally drivers have some small waists! Ours is a tad bit too small for the older folks on our team so we'll probably get a wider one soon.

Sparco Italy Circuit II QRT - $617.40 (FIA 8855-1999)

Sparco Italy Circuit QRT - $578.80   (FIA 8862-2009)

OMP Italy HTE EVO - $778.60 (FIA 8855-1999)

OMP Italy HRC-R XL - $843.50 (FIA 8855-1999)

You can browse all the seats here - https://www.topracingshop.com/zul_m_Car-parts_Seats-and-frames_Seats-6480.html

Not sure how their shipping is now but it was free for us back in December. I think it was orders $150+

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunter said:

We bought a Sparco Circuit racing seat from this website. It ships from Europe but we got free shipping for Christmas. Took about a month to get here. Most of them are fiberglass rally seats but they are fiberglass or carbon fiber FIA grade seats. One thing I can say is watch out for the seat sizes because those rally drivers have some small waists! Ours is a tad bit too small for the older folks on our team so we'll probably get a wider one soon.

Sparco Italy Circuit II QRT - $617.40 (FIA 8855-1999)

Sparco Italy Circuit QRT - $578.80   (FIA 8862-2009)

OMP Italy HTE EVO - $778.60 (FIA 8855-1999)

OMP Italy HRC-R XL - $843.50 (FIA 8855-1999)

You can browse all the seats here - https://www.topracingshop.com/zul_m_Car-parts_Seats-and-frames_Seats-6480.html

Not sure how their shipping is now but it was free for us back in December. I think it was orders $150+

$300 for shipping now. Free shipping on orders of $2000.00 or more.

Edited by Ian Moone
content

Man, I'm spoiled having a local shop that specializes in this stuff and other safety gear and what not. While they have floor models of most of their offerings, a lot of their stuff drop ships from the vendor. With the current state of things, I was able to order my harness, steering wheel and disconnect, and fire system from them this way over the phone.

Is there anything remotely close to you that could help over email or phone, so you don't have to actually go to the store?

Edited by collinskl1