**Final Information** - 7 Hours of Daytona

We're not far away from the green flag in the first ever ChampCar iRacing Special Event, so I wanted to share with you all the final details and preparations for the race to that everyone has the most up-to-date information to refer to and finalise their preparations.

Entry List

Please find the entry list hereAll invites have been sent to the "HJ Events" league as specified by the sign-ups we have received so far. Please check your team for accuracy in car, number, and driver roster. If there is a driver on your roster that has not received an invite, then please let me know. I will update the status of the sheet periodically to ensure it is as accurate as possible. Please also note that there are some teams that either only have one driver registered, or have drivers that do not have iRacing accounts. If this changes, please let me know.

License Requirement

A reminder that there is a D/2.0 (License/Safety Rating) for the event on Saturday. If you are new to iRacing and still in the rookie class, don't worry! There is still time for you to complete the rookie progression and gain that road D license. 

Team Registration

All drivers for a team entry must be members of the team before the event goes live. Create the team from the "My Teams" section of the homepage and invite all your drivers to join that team. If registering for an event, a driver must be an admin for the team. Please reach out to us on Discord (link below) if you've any questions or issues, and we can help you out.

Incident Limit, Stewarding, and Cautions

As noted in the initial race post, there is an incident limit of 40x/15x for this event. This means that, after accruing 40x, your car will have to serve a stop-go penalty to think about what you've done. After this, every additional 15x will result in a further penalty. We will have a live steward monitoring proceedings throughout the race, who will have the ability to both hand out penalties for on-track incidents and also trigger full course cautions if there is a significant incident that require the field to be brought under control. This is Florida, so the definition of this can be quite broad.

Drive Time Limit

In deference to the ChampCar roots of this event, we will be honouring the real world regulation of a maximum driver drive time of two hours (+1 lap). Although this cannot be automatically enforced, we will be paying attention during the race and can also enforce penalties post-race by examining the full results. 

Practice Race

We will host a practice session on Friday evening via the HJ Events league. It'll be a team session with license requirements to mirror the restrictions of the race so that you can practice registering and driver changes. There'll be a short race at the end to quench any competitive desires, and there'll be an incident limit to practice being nice to each other.

Live Stream

The race will be streamed live and in entirety on the HJ YouTube and Twitch channels linked below, with full production and commentary from the ChampCar Live and Hugh Jass crews. Please spread the word to anyone who may be interested in watching your bid for glory, and for learning more about ChampCar.

https://www.youtube.com/hughjass

https://www.twitch.tv/hjmotorsport

Useful Links

Discord Server

Guide to iRacing and Hardware

How to create your own iRacing paints

iRacing Tips and Resources

Edited by Rapido
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Hi Tom,

thanks for all your work putting this together. Looks like Sweetwater Racing is missing from the list ...

Team Name: Sweetwater Racing

Number: 523

Class: Cayman

Driver 1: Tom Masiero

Driver 2: Arthur Cady

I (Arthur Cady) haven’t rec’d an invite. Not sure if Tom has, but I know he ran the practice race.

Edited by AJCady
  • Thanks 1

@Rapido In case the driver order isn't just arbitrary, I plan to qualify and start the race. Chris will jump in 2nd for WDR. Also, I'm seeing (2) Porsches on the list with #15. Mine being one of them.

Thanks for everything that you and the HJ crew are doing. This should be good fun!

8 hours ago, Rapido said:

We're not far away from the green flag in the first ever ChampCar iRacing Special Event, so I wanted to share with you all the final details and preparations for the race to that everyone has the most up-to-date information to refer to and finalise their preparations.

Entry List

Please find the entry list hereAll invites have been sent to the "HJ Events" league as specified by the sign-ups we have received so far. Please check your team for accuracy in car, number, and driver roster. If there is a driver on your roster that has not received an invite, then please let me know. I will update the status of the sheet periodically to ensure it is as accurate as possible. Please also note that there are some teams that either only have one driver registered, or have drivers that do not have iRacing accounts. If this changes, please let me know.

Hey Tom, are you working from the original list in the other thread? I did not see @sprinter11x Precision Motorsports Cayman entry (but it is quite possible I am blind...). I copied it below and also updated our 3rd and included forum handles. Thanks again for everyones work behind the scenes

precision motorsports is in

driver 1 keary morris  @sprinter11x

driver 2 david castello  @pintodave

driver 3 tony clinton Mark Burt  @kartermdb

Edited by pintodave
  • Thanks 1

Please register these 2 teams:

Team Name: Bucketlist #147

Number: 147

Class: Miata

Driver 1: Gilberto Pinzon

Driver 2: Javier Pinzon

Driver 3: Carlos Correodor

Color: Red

Team Name: Bucketlist #370

Number: 370

Class: Miata

Driver 1: William Corredor

Driver 2: Ernesto Carrizosa

Color: Grey

Edited by William Corredor

Practice race is created for this evening, starting at 6pm ET - almost 4 hours open track practice before a quick solo qualifying and a 1 hour race. Team driving rules are in effect, as are license limits, incident limits, and cautions.

Please use this session to practice registering for the team event, and acquaint yourself with the session specifics.

14 hours ago, Rapido said:

Drive Time Limit

In deference to the ChampCar roots of this event, we will be honouring the real world regulation of a maximum driver drive time of two hours (+1 lap). Although this cannot be automatically enforced, we will be paying attention during the race and can also enforce penalties post-race by examining the full results. 

By the math, this means every team must have at least 4 drivers.  From the current entry list it looks like some teams better be out there recruiting hard.

4 minutes ago, Deuce Coupe said:

By the math, this means every team must have at least 4 drivers.  From the current entry list it looks like some teams better be out there recruiting hard.

That is per stint. If another jumps in, I think they only have to drive for an hour before the original driver can get back in. Just like the real races. Could you imagine a 24 hour race with 12 drivers. Talk about herding cats. 

TWOth Car Adjustments and corrected names for iRacing League Requests as per the registration sheet sent out.

Team Name: TWOth Autosport/Shopify

Number: 522

Car: Porsche GT4

Drivers:

Travis Hill

Erwan James

Tobias Luetke

Trevor Hill

Team Name: TWOth Autosport/A41 Driver Development

Number:552

Car: MX-5

Drivers:

Neil Casbourn2

Sean Ciavarella

Stephen Clarry

Team Name: Anderson41 Gaming

Number: 411

Car: Porsche GT4

Drivers:

Timothy Spain

Craig Anderson3

Bill Swyers

Hi

Carlos Correodor Team Bucketlist #147 hasn’t received invitation yet. He just joined iRacing and working on his D license now. He will have it by tonight.

By the way he misspelled his name but that takes time to correct with iRacing. So for now it is Carlos Correodor.

Thanks

Edited by William Corredor