Flagtronics, is full implementation still on schedule?

1 minute ago, Black Magic said:

Do you sell that in amber, for a shift light?

Some of us have drivers with difficultly following instructions...

Yes.

You can create different colors, shapes, and text if you wanted albeit 8-bit 80s gaming style. 

Text:
SHIFT
NOW

the some explosion art

200w.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Hammerheads said:

How do we get on the tester list for CMP?

You get added just like this. Just to confirm, you are car number 275, correct?

1 hour ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Same Question...

GMS Racing Car # 556.

Thanks!

Added

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 5:41 PM, vtjballeng said:

Y'all ready for the FT3200 in car unit? It's so large and bright, this is the only thing you will see while driving. 

For the very serious among you who wonder if this is a joke, this is a joke. This is a 320mmx320mm corner flag station panel and is not for in car use.

PXL_20210511_151831699.MP.jpg

I could see this incar for drivers that have trouble with paying attention.

On 5/13/2021 at 5:41 PM, vtjballeng said:

Y'all ready for the FT3200 in car unit? It's so large and bright, this is the only thing you will see while driving. 

For the very serious among you who wonder if this is a joke, this is a joke. This is a 320mmx320mm corner flag station panel and is not for in car use.

PXL_20210511_151831699.MP.jpg

I could see this incar for drivers that have trouble with paying attention.

22 hours ago, Aleric Sanders said:

You get added just like this. Just to confirm, you are car number 275, correct?

Added

Yes we are 275. Thanks!

And I guess I don’t know how to use the quote thingy. 🤨

Edited by Hammerheads
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

Ready to make the CMP race a full test run?

For events with 40 or less entries, a full test event works well from a staffing standpoint, given we normally send two engineers out to the events (retrieving 20 units per person at the end of an event is pushing it).  Also, the more units we send out for testing (they become used), the fewer there are for teams to purchase, as we have close to 500 units assembled now (we're just waiting on the final firmware touches we make from these last few tests before selling). Given there are close to 60 teams registered for the event, the logistics probably aren't there for a full test run at CMP.  Plus, limiting the test size gives us a better focus on what goes on with all the units rather than having too much of a sample size to focus on.

Edited by Aleric Sanders
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't get a chance to talk to the Flagtronics crew after the weekend. So I'll give my short input here;

I thought the system worked well. Was only used for FCY, but I never noticed any discrepancy between the flaggers and the flagtronics unit. When mounted correctly (this is key), in your line of sight (not just peripheral) it jumps out at you and definitely helps.

I liked the pit timer feature as well. 

I would like to buy one. When can I buy one?

• Like 2

• Administrators

They should be available for sale this summer. 
There are some things that have to be done by ChampCar as well.

We will be renting the units at registration once we are given the go-a-head from Flagtronics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We also had one in our blue Volvo and thought it worked well.  Only once did I have a contradiction, but that was the fault of the turn 10 flagger holding out the double yellow while my crew chief and flagtronics were green.

We shared a garage with the Flagtronics team and they were telling us some of the other potential features.  I hope they can follow through on them, because if they do, the $150 price point will be "ChumpChange" for the things it can do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I’m gonna ask a stupid/maybe sensitive question...

Can this system interact with the “other guys flagger” system or is it two separate ecosystems? 

we might slum it in AER (because summit point) and I was just curious. 

On 6/1/2021 at 11:36 AM, CoachMK21 said:

Only once did I have a contradiction, but that was the fault of the turn 10 flagger holding out the double yellow while my crew chief and flagtronics were green.

What did you do in this situation?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuaTTro said:

Agreed, but curious if that's what he did

Yea, I waited for the flag to be pulled.  This is the in car of it.  You can hear my radio when he says it's going to go green, then you see flagtronics turn green.  It's hard to see the flagger from the video until it gets closer, but then you can see it was still double yellow.  Also, I need to have it in 2nd for restarts...3rd is no good.  Must remember that next time.

• Like 2

On 6/4/2021 at 6:18 PM, QuaTTro said:

What did you do in this situation?

What @wvumtnbkr said. The corner worker still takes precedence. I believe towards the end of page 5 in this thread, there is a picture of our Sign Boards that we will be releasing soon to tracks and sanctioning bodies.

Our in-car Flagtronics devices have brought up the communication speed so fast between the race director and the driver (faster than some of the corner workers react to the radio communications now). The hope is to now bring that speed to the corner workers now too and have the corner stations and in-car units change at the same time.

• Like 6