Bill Strong

Official 2020 - The Campout at Nelson Ledges 8+7-Hour enduros

51 minutes ago, Logdog said:

Any tips for how much wood to bring since the paddock is grass?  I figure I need at least some big squares for the jackstands and something for the jack.  

July is usually pretty dry in these parts, but 4x8s do make leveling pretty nice if you've got room in the hauler.  Some of us pack a lawnmower or a weed wacker as well. :)

• Like 1

At the 24 two years ago we had pallets as the base then OSB on top of them to make a deck. Probably will look at doing something like that this year. 

I'll be going June 8th for a track day and I can take pictures of the pit area so people can plan accordingly 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

At the 24 two years ago we had pallets as the base then OSB on top of them to make a deck. Probably will look at doing something like that this year. 

I'll be going June 8th for a track day and I can take pictures of the pit area so people can plan accordingly 

I like party decks! :)

• Haha 1

Does anyone know what the condition is of the bridge?  A few years back, you couldn't drive anything heavy over it and so all transporters had to come in via the road that crosses the track (i.e. you couldn't get in or out once the race track went hot)

2 hours ago, Racer28173 said:

Does anyone know what the condition is of the bridge?  A few years back, you couldn't drive anything heavy over it and so all transporters had to come in via the road that crosses the track (i.e. you couldn't get in or out once the race track went hot)

I dont think they have done any upgrades to the bridge. I will find out in June. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

I guess I gotta bring pallets again.

It was a winning plan...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Racer28173 said:

2 years ago, you could take the tow vehicle and empty trailer across.  Don't bring a semi or totterhome and you should be good to go back and forth.

It was still crap and scary, but possible.

• Thanks 2

Sahlen's just entered 2 Porsches and 2 Mazdas. They want the win bad.

25 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

@Bill Strong Are you able to double check our transfer entry?  My team captain, Krueger Tuned Racing requested to move from WGI to this race several days ago and he hasn't received anything in response and we aren't on the entry list on the first post.  Thanks.

43 minutes ago, CoachMK21 said:

@Bill Strong Are you able to double check our transfer entry?  My team captain, Krueger Tuned Racing requested to move from WGI to this race several days ago and he hasn't received anything in response and we aren't on the entry list on the first post.  Thanks.

I just texted @DuncanDana  will advise when I hear something

• Thanks 1

enter the race. Dana is overwhelmed with work right now. once you enter the race, its make it really easy to move your payment over.
You will need to pay the deposit. 
or you can wait... but this race most likely sell out fast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachMK21 said:

I entered the race to be sure I had a spot. Only thing is you have to pay the $250 deposit. It’ll work out in the end but I didn’t want to risk not getting a spot. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TimS said:

I entered the race to be sure I had a spot. Only thing is you have to pay the $250 deposit. It’ll work out in the end but I didn’t want to risk not getting a spot. 

Same!

The entry list doubled since monday!

Edited by wvumtnbkr
  • Like 1

Thanks for the responses.  We're all itching to get on track and I didn't want to miss the opportunity.  I let our captain know.

• Like 1

Since my long planned France vacation is now scuttled, I'm happy to be going back to NL with Troy in Biohazard!!

• Like 1

Nelson won't be the same without pitch black conditions and fog banks rolling through, but should still be a blast!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jer said:

Nelson won't be the same without pitch black conditions and fog banks rolling through

This is why we signed up!

• Haha 1

Just now, enginerd said:

This is why we signed up!

cough *wussies* cough.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

Who doesn't?  Lolzers.