Official 2020 - The Campout at Nelson Ledges 8+7-Hour enduros

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Nelson roster has quite the murderers row of teams with winning credentials... CYR  GMS Biohazard Team Sahlen x3 Rbank x2 Premium Dudes  Shut Up Two Brot

I have seen ChampCar guys drive. "Hard Pressed" is their middle name.  

Sumthin...

Posted Images

Hey Bill - are reserved car #s posted somewhere on the website?   I thought mine was reserved, especially since I've been running 662 for last couple of years.  Looks like Haywood made a number change from last year to this year when they added a second car.

15 minutes ago, shutupracing said:

@Bill Strong is it correct that the test day on Friday appears to be run and organized by the track?

Do you know if this is something we should be preregistering for or just show up on the day of?

I am in constant contact with the track manager. I will find out.

9 minutes ago, NigelStu said:

Hey Bill - are reserved car #s posted somewhere on the website?   I thought mine was reserved, especially since I've been running 662 for last couple of years.  Looks like Haywood made a number change from last year to this year when they added a second car.

I don't ever get involved with that stuff. I think they may have that number from the east as I think that Nelson pulls from the old East number system.
Contact Chelsey.Vickery@champcar.org

Friday Test and Tune - Run by Nelson Ledges
Friday practice will be from 9:00am till noon (1 hour lunch break), 1:00pm till 5pm. Cost is $250 per team (unlimited drivers). Payment will be at the gate. A two hour session in both am and pm, for fuel calculation. Arrival on Thursday evening is recommended.
Signup and pay at the track. No 1/2 day pricing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
16 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

Friday Test and Tune - Run by Nelson Ledges
Friday practice will be from 9:00am till noon (1 hour lunch break), 1:00pm till 5pm. Cost is $250 per team (unlimited drivers). Payment will be at the gate. A two hour session in both am and pm, for fuel calculation. Arrival on Thursday evening is recommended.
Signup and pay at the track. No 1/2 day pricing.

Thank you!!!

Are the races 8+7? In the Supps, the timing says that the Saturday race starts at 9 and ends at 6. As far as I know, that's 9 hours. The Sunday race is said to be from 9 to 5, which is 8 hours. 

Also, race car lighting? I know the races end when it is still very bright outside, but I just want to confirm that cars don't need lights. Nobody wants to show up without lights if we need them. 

no lights needed on the front. still need brakes lights

I'll review the times after the Daytona stuff is done

• Like 2
3 hours ago, The Aero Man said:

Are the races 8+7? In the Supps, the timing says that the Saturday race starts at 9 and ends at 6. As far as I know, that's 9 hours. The Sunday race is said to be from 9 to 5, which is 8 hours. 

Also, race car lighting? I know the races end when it is still very bright outside, but I just want to confirm that cars don't need lights. Nobody wants to show up without lights if we need them. 

times adjusted to the correct times
https://champcar.org/register/supplementalrules/415.pdf

• Like 1
On 5/15/2020 at 9:19 AM, NigelStu said:

I ran into the same thing last year, even though we don’t run regions anymore your number is still assigned by region based on your residence. I think the logic is with 999 combinations and the large number of cars that run with us it has to be done this way. 

• Like 1
  • Administrators
On 5/19/2020 at 1:26 PM, Kentite said:

After 36 hours of significant rain here in Northeast Ohio things are pretty soggy, but as long as it doesn’t rain again before the race the infield won’t be TOO wet. 🤣

4.75" of rain from Thursday to Tuesday here on the NW side. 

• Sad 1

The Nelson roster has quite the murderers row of teams with winning credentials...

CYR 

GMS

Biohazard

Team Sahlen x3

Rbank x2

Premium Dudes 

Shut Up

Two Brothers

JSK

Mustache Werks

Visceral

Roughly 25% of the field!

• Like 7
On 5/26/2020 at 5:31 PM, enginerd said:

The Nelson roster has quite the murderers row of teams with winning credentials...

CYR 

GMS

Biohazard

Team Sahlen x3

Rbank x2

Premium Dudes 

Shut Up

Two Brothers

JSK

Mustache Werks

Visceral

Roughly 25% of the field!

I was talking to Fred the track manager a couple weeks ago as the car count was climbing from the low forties towards a sell out. He is ecstatic about our upcoming race. Should be an epic one.

Fast field, will someone make it into the 1:14’s this year?  It will take a clean lap which may be hard to come by with 60 cars starting. 

• Like 1

no more blue guard rails at the pit wall.  This was from a couple weekends back there was a tire restacking weekend where I got quite familiar with the tires by the flag station at turn 4. 

the old tech shed is down as well.  Last I saw they were jack hammering out the old concrete.  A new one is coming but I don't know the timing of it. 

IMG_4977.JPG

Scary looking end of the wall. I hope they have some type of angled K wall or tire barrier planned to prevent anyone from hitting the end of that wall. I’m not familiar with the track but I hope it’s not left exposed. Good to hear that the track is being updated and revitalized. 

17 minutes ago, TimS said:

Scary looking end of the wall. I hope they have some type of angled K wall or tire barrier planned to prevent anyone from hitting the end of that wall. I’m not familiar with the track but I hope it’s not left exposed. Good to hear that the track is being updated and revitalized. 

That is the inside wall of the pit lane.  Cars should not be going very fast at all there.

54 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

That is the inside wall of the pit lane.  Cars should not be going very fast at all there.

Thats good but would be a good idea to have a stack of tires in front of the end of the wall. Poop happens 

1 hour ago, samblane said:

Anyone know how good the Verizon or AT&T cell service is at Nelson Ledges?  I usually try to live stream from our car and watch the live feed in the pits.

hahahaha. yes. no. on both

I was at the track this morning. New concrete behind the pit wall. About 6 or 8 feet of depth. Lots of new asphalt on the roads throughout the paddock. I walked to almost every corner via the infield. It was bone dry!!!! Hopefully it stays dry for the next month. There is a new patch of asphalt right before the bump in the kink that looks interesting. I’ll find out tomorrow when I drive it. 
Oh, and an AER car laid down a 1:08.9!!! That’s getting after it!

Edited by Kentite
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1