Official 2020 - The Campout at Nelson Ledges 8+7-Hour enduros

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Nelson roster has quite the murderers row of teams with winning credentials... CYR  GMS Biohazard Team Sahlen x3 Rbank x2 Premium Dudes  Shut Up Two Brot

I have seen ChampCar guys drive. "Hard Pressed" is their middle name.  

Sumthin...

Posted Images

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

ChampCar.live will be live from the track, but with limited feeds compared to our normal events. Paul Veltum won't be able to do the show due to some personal reasons. So Doc, Tiffany, and I will be trying to pull off another bad show from onsite.

You have been training for this opportunity your whole life Bill!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

NL Staff are telling us that everyone will need to park their trailers/campers east to west. I think they will be marking around your setup per the health department and Ohio camping regs.
I don't exactly understand, but hopefully they will have this sorted when we arrive.

DO NOT PARK YOUR CAMPERS and TRAILERS IN THE RED ZONE. THAT IS OFF LIMITS. 

Any Friday Track Day questions need to go to Nelson Ledges Staff. This is NOT a ChampCar track day.

Crushed to learn this morning that Ohio has been added to the list of states requiring 14 day quarantine for us folks in CT, NY, and NJ. That impacts 6 of our 8 members, 4 of whom are new to Champcar. Forces Haywood Racing to withdraw. First Watkins... then Watkins... now Nelson. Now somebody else is going to have to bring up the rear of the field.

Not gonna lie... I could use a hug. But that's what got us into this mess.

Edited by cbhaywood
  • Sad 3
37 minutes ago, cbhaywood said:

Crushed to learn this morning that Ohio has been added to the list of states requiring 14 day quarantine for us folks in CT, NY, and NJ. That impacts 6 of our 8 members, 4 of whom are new to Champcar. Forces Haywood Racing to withdraw. First Watkins... then Watkins... now Nelson. Now somebody else is going to have to bring up the rear of the field.

Not gonna lie... I could use a hug. But that's what got us into this mess.

I'm pretty sure that there were some people from those states last week at Charlotte that did not quarantine and will be at a race track this weekend.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Racer28173 said:

Are they barricading the roads?  Taking people to quarantine hotels?  This is akin to the Champcar rules that are essentially unenforceable.  Unenforceable rules are not really rules at all. 

• Like 1
Just now, Jer said:

Are they barricading the roads?  Taking people to quarantine hotels?  This is akin to the Champcar rules that are essentially unenforceable.  Unenforceable rules are not really rules at all. 

I don't know. The automatic toll paying systems can rat you out though

Just now, Racer28173 said:

So glad I live in Colorado.  ugh

• Like 1

The 10k fine isn't the issue. It's how employers handle it that concerns me. I'm not interested in losing my job over failing to quarantine for 2 weeks. It's hard to pay for racing without income.

Probably going to be sitting this one out. Sad news for us as we just had a good test day @ WGI. 

• Like 1

ChampCar totally understands the issues that people are facing. And we totally understand the issues of having to obey the rules put done by the states and employers.
We hope to see you at another ChampCar race soon.  Thompson Speedway perhaps

2 hours ago, Racer28173 said:

Depends on whose name the car is registered in or just avoid the tolls.  Lots of gray areas.

2 hours ago, B-Rad said:

The 10k fine isn't the issue. It's how employers handle it that concerns me. I'm not interested in losing my job over failing to quarantine for 2 weeks. It's hard to pay for racing without income.

Probably going to be sitting this one out. Sad news for us as we just had a good test day @ WGI. 

This is key for our team as well. Not sure we will make this now. 😢

• Sad 4
5 hours ago, MMiskoe said:

Roger Roger.  White zone will be for unloading passengers.

The white zone IS for immediate loading and unloading of passengers. There is no stopping in a red zone...

Edited by Kentite
3 hours ago, Jer said:

Yeah theoretically if I was living in these states I might just ignore that "request".

My idiot ex brother in law is a “licensed health care professional”. A chiropractor who also does DOT physicals. He’s been traveling between his CT, NYC and Ohio offices multiple times per week this whole time and has never been stopped or asked about travel. 

• Like 3

We got stopped at the Georgia-Florida border on our way to Daytona.  They asked where we were from, when we said New Hampshire he said "what?" then let us continue.  There were other cars getting shunted off to a tent, one of the cars there appeared to have a NY plate but it was far away, hard to tell.

The Ohio governor is addressing the state at 5:3 today. I’m expecting another shutdown as our schools open 30 days from today and the window to have students attend is closing quickly. Throughout this pandemic his announcements have come a few days before any restrictions are put in place so I’m hoping any additional shutdowns will not be put into place until Monday.

Edited by Kentite
  • Sad 1
34 minutes ago, Kentite said:

The Ohio governor is addressing the state at 5:3 today. I’m expecting another shutdown as our schools open 30 days from today and the window to have students attend is closing quickly. Throughout this pandemic his announcements have come a few days before any restrictions are put in place so I’m hoping any additional shutdowns will not be put into place until Monday.

It will be shown here

https://www.wtol.com/

6 hours ago, Kentite said:

All i gotta say is if they are going to limit stuff we better know ASAP because our buss is leaving in like 12 hours and nothing will piss me off more than spending 11hrs in a truck to have the door slammed in our face when we get there. 

• Like 3