5.   Laps of Honor 13 1967 FORD MUSTANG
6.   OEM Free 284 1999 Honda Civic
7.   Red Cow Racing 2 1994 BMW 325i
8.   Safety 3rd Motorsports 869 1993 BMW E36 325
9.   TWOth Autosport 522 1992 Honda Civic
10.   TWOth Autosport II 822 2007 Honda Civic Si
11.   Zundfolge / Ultraraymotorsports.com 514 1988 Porsche 924

On 6/30/2020 at 12:13 PM, petawawarace said:

Anyone think this event will happen if the border stays closed?  We build a new car and will race if the event happens.  

This event is happening. I spoke to Carl the regional director. This event is happening.

• Like 1

*edit

Border closed. We will be here.

Edited by Rich

The Entry, Membership and transponder rental fees would be in USD correct? Then A 4 driver team renting a transponder would pay $1937.50 Canadian if 1 CAD = .75 USD?

On 7/12/2020 at 1:26 PM, The Sunferrari said:

The Entry, Membership and transponder rental fees would be in USD correct? Then A 4 driver team renting a transponder would pay $1937.50 Canadian if 1 CAD = .75 USD?

That is absolutely not correct.

You pay in Cdn. The early registration deal I heard has been extended to July 24. You will see a email/FB blast about that soon.

Not sure how we got moved to the entry list but sorry we can't come as the boarder is a problem and we are registered for Gingerman with both cars?????????????

I emailed the boss to see how that happened but guessing they just moved us from Mosport to this race.

On 7/15/2020 at 11:46 PM, 55mini said:

Not sure how we got moved to the entry list but sorry we can't come as the boarder is a problem and we are registered for Gingerman with both cars?????????????

I emailed the boss to see how that happened but guessing they just moved us from Mosport to this race.

That’s no excuse.lol. 

Due to COVID uncertainty about this event at the time of the early entry deadline, it’s been extended. Early entry fees will be $1100 USD / $1500 CAD until July 24th if paid in full by end of day Friday. Join us for our 8+7 event!

Not many places where you can get quality track time for $100/hr!

Visit ChampCar.org to register!

https://facebook.com/events/s/tirerackcom-champcar-endurance/574925936402038/?ti=ia

I'm curious about the listed cost as well. The first post and the website says $1300 Can but now it's $1500?

Will the late fee be waived since there are so few entries?

There was never a cdn price listed as the registration website only recognizes USD.

Now, there was a early pay deadline. It was then extended another month as a grace period due to covid. That was last week.

Early pay price $1100 USD (which is roughly $1500cdn)

Normal  price $1300 USD

You will have to send an email to Carl to ask for the early pay price. As it is now past the deadline again.

Edited by Mopar 4 Life

I was looking forward to this being our first Champcar race, but with only 9 other cars to race against on a 5km track, I don’t think it’s worth the expense.  I put my deposit down to help get numbers going, but we won’t race if the numbers don’t double.  

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2020 at 9:42 PM, petawawarace said:

I was looking forward to this being our first Champcar race, but with only 9 other cars to race against on a 5km track, I don’t think it’s worth the expense.  I put my deposit down to help get numbers going, but we won’t race if the numbers don’t double.  

Hey.

Calabogie has a short track (stadium) which I hope we are running. 

Also some people don't dont pre register. My team is going and we are not on the list yet. 

Hopefully your team can make it

*edit another car just signed up.

Edited by Rich

On 8/1/2020 at 9:42 PM, petawawarace said:

That is a horrible attitude to have. A lot of work has been put in place to have this event happen. Remember this is the first champcar event since it was rebranded from chumpcar and when Wendy and Sal left the series with the split. If the powers that be see this kind of attitude then they will just shut the whole thing down if they feel like it. 

The truth is they don’t need us, we need them. I am already pretty pissed with a lot of the existing champ cars choosing to run mosport with LD. As they are kind of hypocritical. These are same people that complained about events on long weekends than do the opposite. Also complained about bracket racing than go bracket racing. 

I can keep going. But I will leave it for another day.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

That is a horrible attitude to have. A lot of work has been put in place to have this event happen. Remember this is the first champcar event since it was rebranded from chumpcar and when Wendy and Sal left the series with the split. If the powers that be see this kind of attitude then they will just shut the whole thing down if they feel like it. 

The truth is they don’t need us, we need them. I am already pretty pissed with a lot of the existing champ cars choosing to run mosport with LD. As they are kind of hypocritical. These are same people that complained about events on long weekends than do the opposite. Also complained about bracket racing than go bracket racing. 

I can keep going. But I will leave it for another day.

We decided to go Champcar Racing because we wanted to racing at different tracks and race with large fields of cars.  I like the rules of Champcar Racing way more than LD.  But we can run a whole season (9 races) of Calabogie Challenge series races (30 cars) for the cost of 1 Champcar race.  I’m fine paying that if we can race against lots of other cars.  With 10 cars on track you’ll be alone the majority of the race.  

Im sorry, but we are paying to race. There are lots of options for me to go racing.  If I spend my hard earned money to go racing it’s going to be because I want to.  

Edited by petawawarace

What does it cost for 1 race in the Challenge series ?   We had planned on coming from New York  with 3 cars until the borders closed.  Give it a chance and be understanding given the current conditions.  Go support ChampCar of Canada, these guys have put a lot of effort & time into this event.

33 minutes ago, DEE DEE said:

What does it cost for 1 race in the Challenge series ?   We had planned on coming from New York  with 3 cars until the borders closed.  Give it a chance and be understanding given the current conditions.  Go support ChampCar of Canada, these guys have put a lot of effort & time into this event.

It’s $1600 CAD for all 9 races.   
Im not trying to be a downer, but with 10 cars it’s just not worth it for us.  This is no slight against the organizers. It’s a tough time.  But I’m not going to go lapping for 15hrs.  We are simply looking for our best bang for our buck.  With only 10 cars, that’s not it.   

Edited by petawawarace

16 hours ago, petawawarace said:

It’s $1600 CAD for all 9 races.   
Im not trying to be a downer, but with 10 cars it’s just not worth it for us.  This is no slight against the organizers. It’s a tough time.  But I’m not going to go lapping for 15hrs.  We are simply looking for our best bang for our buck.  With only 10 cars, that’s not it.   

No,  that is exactly what it is. That is a huge slight to the organizers. There is a huge amount of hoops to jump through to put on this race. Just because you with a new car and team feel that the competition is not up to your level, your taking your ball and going home. 

Also I wouldn’t be surprised if there is good amount of last minute entries like in the past. Sad but it happens.

51 minutes ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

No,  that is exactly what it is. That is a huge slight to the organizers. There is a huge amount of hoops to jump through to put on this race. Just because you with a new car and team feel that the competition is not up to your level, your taking your ball and going home. 

Also I wouldn’t be surprised if there is good amount of last minute entries like in the past. Sad but it happens.

To be clear, We would be taking our ball and going elsewhere, not just staying home.  And it has nothing to do with the level of competition. I full expect to get our ass kicked ifs its 10 cars or 40.  

Also to be clear. We've paid our deposit and shown our intent to race. I did that to show the organizers we want to race.  We are preparing the car to race that weekend.  I truly do hope a bunch sign up last minute and we go racing and have a great time.  Perhaps I came across wrong, but I am just disappointed that the numbers are so low.

Edited by petawawarace

Maybe this thread should be about welcoming new teams to the fold rather than vilifying them for wanting to race in a larger group of cars. He actually did not even mention the level of competition but rather the amount of competition and, like all of us, prefers to race in larger fields. 

Numbers are always an issue here in Canada because of the smaller population and there are always teams that sign up at the last minute for one reason or another.

The reality is that the organizers need the teams not the other way around and must provide a product that is enticing to both existing and new teams. 

• Like 3