Thompson12-Outlines_v2.png

August 29, 2020
THOMPSON SPEEDWAY: 12 Hour Enduro, $1000
Thompson, CT
"The HMSmotorsport.com Thompson 12"
Early Pay Discount Ends: June 30, 2020

Entrant List
Download Supplemental Rules and Event Info

https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Covid-19-Knowledge-Base/Travel-In-or-Out-of-CT

https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus

Entries for The HMSmotorsport.com Thompson 12

Updated 8/26/2020   Limited to 50 entries

Team Name Car # Year Make Model
1.   All Rhodes Racing 95 1984 BMW 318i
2.   BBY Racing 715 1997 Porsche Boxster
3.   Big Guy Racing 344 1983 Porsche 944
4.   Boston Whiners 444 1991 BMW 318is
5.   Boston Whiners 306 1991 BMW 318is
6.   Continuous Rotation Racing 173 1990 mazda miata
7.   Crazy Horse Racing 669 1985 Ford Mustang SVO
8.   Falkensteiner 664 1991 Honda Civic
9.   Fuse 15 789 1994 Mazda Miata
10.   Haywood Racing 663 1991 Mazda Miata
11.   Haywood Racing 662 1990 Mazda Miata
12.   legacy auto sports 233 96 mazda miata
13.   legacy auto sports 153 1996 mazda miata
14.   legacy auto sports 13 96 bmw 328
15.   MDR Motorsports 830 1993 Mazda Miata
16.   MLC Racing 47 47 1991 Chevrolet Corvette
17.   MLC Racing 761 761 1993 BMW 325
18.   Mostly Motorsports 294 1990 MAZDA RX-7
19.   Plus One Racing 926 1989 Honda CRX
20.   Poverty Auto Sport 613 1995 Dodge Neon
21.   Rhinoceros Racing 288 1993 Ford Mustang
22.   Rosmar Racing 701 2001 Mazda Miata
23.   Rosmar Racing 702 1999 Mazda Miata
24.   Rustang Renegades 715 1994 Ford Mustang GT
25.   StarT Racing 59 1999 Mazda Miata
26.   Visceral Racing Group 918 1987 Porsche 944S
27.   Warrior Racing 897 1991 Mazda Miata
28.   Warrior Racing 877 1990 Mazda Miata
29.   Ztek 53 1995 Honda Accord

So a little updated information for any of you watching this thread.

It looks like we'll be able to get into the track earlier this year. Perhaps as early as 9 or 10. As soon as I get the final time we'll push it out.

Because we are the only group on the property that Friday, Thompson is going to expand the times for the Friday test session. Probably 1pm to 5pm. You can sign up for the test session at the track. However, if you are planning to run it, please take a minute and sign up, it helps Thompson to plan early.

Garages are still available to rent. Contact Thompson Speedway directly to make arrangements.

Keep an eye on the Supplemental Rules, once we have confirmation of the gate opening times we will update them and Bill will update the first post.

See you soon,

Dana

• Like 1

Greetings,

So we have confirmation that Thompson will open the gates for load-in at 9:00 am Friday. As per usual, please let's not have everyone rush the gates at 9:00. If traffic starts to back up onto the main road it can cause issues for the track with the neighbors and city officials. Let's try to be kind to them.

Also, the test session is now running from 1pm to 5pm. This gives you 4 hours from the time gates open before the test session starts, plenty of time.

1 hour ago, snowman said:

@DuncanDana, are spectators allowed or drivers/crew only?

So the underlying answer is that all ChampCar events are technically non-specator. Our insurance covers us as a private event for members of the club only. 

Sometimes the tracks will want to allow additional people to enter, so we sort of draw the imaginary "insurance" line somewhere. Meaning that if the track wants to let people in, it's their track and their decission, and we can only be responsible for the areas we control, like pit-lane, or the paddock, etc.

But, right now, Covid, so yeah.. No spectators in any case.

However, you can have crew come with you, and there are currently no limits on the size of your crew, they just have to be current members of ChampCar and listed on your registration as crew.

Thanks, Dana

• Like 1

Just ordered a couple of things from HMS Motorsports and they are giving a 10% discount to all ChampCar racers on pretty much everything FYI.  They Will Not  have a trailer at the event.  Support the companies that support the series.

Edited by DEE DEE
  • Like 3
On 8/13/2020 at 10:03 AM, DuncanDana said:

But, right now, Covid, so yeah.. No spectators in any case.

However, you can have crew come with you, and there are currently no limits on the size of your crew, they just have to be current members of ChampCar and listed on your registration as crew.

Thanks, Dana

@DuncanDana If I'm crew and want to have my 12-year-old son with me, is he 'crew', is he an extension of me, or is he a spectator and thus verboten? Usually Covid rules seem to treat families as one lump but I don't know if that's the case here!

I think they would frown on him fueling or holding the fire bottle, but he certainly could be essential to fetch cold drinks to & from the pit and man the radio.....

12 years old, put us on the poll by recognizing that the grid was first come first serve and we could finish fueling and prepping on the grid.  Best tactical move of the day.

GEM 2014.jpg

Edited by MMiskoe
5 hours ago, PeriSoft said:

@DuncanDana If I'm crew and want to have my 12-year-old son with me, is he 'crew', is he an extension of me, or is he a spectator and thus verboten? Usually Covid rules seem to treat families as one lump but I don't know if that's the case here!

So he needs to be a member of ChampCar and listed as crew on your team line-up, then he'll need his own set of waivers for entry, and since he's a minor you'll need to sign the waivers as his witness and guardian, after that he's good.

Now, he can't be over the wall on the hot pit side, but otherwise he's welcome.

Dana

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi All,

My team Mgr. Ron is trying to add me to his Driver Pool for Thompson, but says he can't see me as available. I did add myself to his pool per his instructions and when I tried again it said I was already part of that pool. Is there anything more I can do or is there a system issue?

Thanks in advance!

in cc: @Ronh911

2 hours ago, FS SP996 said:

Hi All,

My team Mgr. Ron is trying to add me to his Driver Pool for Thompson, but says he can't see me as available. I did add myself to his pool per his instructions and when I tried again it said I was already part of that pool. Is there anything more I can do or is there a system issue?

Thanks in advance!

in cc: @Ronh911

Check that your membership is current, it's almost always the root of every issue.

If that doesn't work, email me and I'll work on it.

Dana