Jump to content
MARC RUTHERFORD

Looking for 24ft Enclosed Car Hauler

Recommended Posts

We have lost our storage place for our race car. We would like to buy a 24 ft enclosed trailer located somewhere close to Atlanta GA. Preferred to be used since new ones are in the $4-5K range and we are cheap like most of you guys...

Thanks!

Hope to see ya'll in Daytona

 

#691 Nissan 240sx

Spidermonkey Racing aka Clear Motorwerx (boring)...

email: rxdoc2011@gmail.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigMoneyWasters said:

Check out Crankyape.com they currently have a 25 footer up for bids. Located in Valdosta, not too far from you.

Screenshot_20200504-203118.png

Make sure your axles are rated for the load. 3500lbs leaves very little room for extras. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2020 at 8:43 PM, scottyk said:

Make sure your axles are rated for the load. 3500lbs leaves very little room for extras. 

 

We have a trailer we have used with 3500lb axles for random stuff occasionally. We scaled it with a prepped 350Z and some fuel jugs and it was near capacity already. If you are racing, 5000lb axles are a must in my opinion.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gkuhn41 said:

 

We have a trailer we have used with 3500lb axles for random stuff occasionally. We scaled it with a prepped 350Z and some fuel jugs and it was near capacity already. If you are racing, 5000lb axles are a must in my opinion.


Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gkuhn41 said:

5000lb axles are a must in my opinion

I would disagree cause we all haul too much sh..... to the race track, 7500lbs or bust!

 

Oh wait maybe we haul too much stuff??? That happens when you pull a 32' storage container.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

get a lighter car!!  ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, 55mini said:

I would disagree cause we all haul too much sh..... to the race track, 7500lbs or bust!

 

Oh wait maybe we haul too much stuff??? That happens when you pull a 32' storage container.

 

Our next trailer will be 28’ or 30’ with 7500lb axles. Right now were at 24’ and 5k and its not enough room for our 4 door family sedan lol.  

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go triple 5200k. Cheaper than dual 7500 axles and you can loose a tire without it being a disaster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jer said:

get a lighter car!

Jer it ain't the car, but might be the cars?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not bother with a 24' as you will quickly discover it is not enough.  The extra cost will be worth it if you ever want to sell it as 27' and longer will hold its value cause they are sought after by all the guys that find out you can't fit the car and support stuff in a 24'. Never scrimp on the axles or good tires.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I don't disagree - I have a 28' and it has been super handy a number of times but mostly for moving across the country. If you have enough truck, have space to store it and are comfortable maneuvering it, that's what I'd go with. I have more space than I need with my car (16 ft. long) and all my support stuff although I don't bring a huge pit cart. If I did a good job organizing I think I could easily make a 24' work for racing purposes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 24 is great, but I don't try to take two cars in it.  Agree, 28 minimum for two cars.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 20' v nose that I haul the Lexus, a full toolbox, fuel cans, spare tires, and enough spares to almost build another car.  I am scared to weigh it.

Edited by Burningham
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2020 at 12:52 PM, Jer said:

My 24 is great, but I don't try to take two cars in it.  Agree, 28 minimum for two cars.  

Your 24 sucks. It is to small and everything is so jammed in there, plus you have a tiny car. The extra 4' of space would make life 100x better.

 

Do not get a 24, just get a 28.

Do not get 3500lb axles, get the 5200lb.

Two cars 32' minimum, 34' would be perfect.

 

In Ga you are in the trailer capital of the world. For like $5200 you can gave a bran new trailer and be good go go.

https://www.ebay.com/i/254600538735?rt=nc&_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D225074%26meid%3Da5890758c3f2448fb3c90a0ba23de352%26pid%3D100677%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D30%26mehot%3Dnone%26sd%3D254595866857%26itm%3D254600538735%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2386202%26algv%3DDefault

 

If you want two cars here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-8-5X34-V-NOSE-ENCLOSED-CAR-HAULER-CARGO-RACE-TRAILER-LED-LIGHTS-8-5-x-34/254601712293?hash=item3b4771d2a5:g:jTEAAOSwKKZeMfKp

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MR2 Biohazard said:

Your 24 sucks. It is to small and everything is so jammed in there, plus you have a tiny car. The extra 4' of space would make life 100x better.

 

Do not get a 24, just get a 28.

Do not get 3500lb axles, get the 5200lb.

Two cars 32' minimum, 34' would be perfect.

 

In Ga you are in the trailer capital of the world. For like $5200 you can gave a bran new trailer and be good go go.

https://www.ebay.com/i/254600538735?rt=nc&_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D225074%26meid%3Da5890758c3f2448fb3c90a0ba23de352%26pid%3D100677%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D30%26mehot%3Dnone%26sd%3D254595866857%26itm%3D254600538735%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2386202%26algv%3DDefault

 

If you want two cars here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-8-5X34-V-NOSE-ENCLOSED-CAR-HAULER-CARGO-RACE-TRAILER-LED-LIGHTS-8-5-x-34/254601712293?hash=item3b4771d2a5:g:jTEAAOSwKKZeMfKp

Well since I now carry a hoist, motor and more fuel i can't argue with you.  Get a 28 minimum, 33 for two cars.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone bumper-pull something >28 foot?   I feel like I'm at the limit of my truck already... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Anyone bumper-pull something >28 foot?   I feel like I'm at the limit of my truck already... 

I bumper pull a 32' v nose with two cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Huggy said:

Anyone bumper-pull something >28 foot?   I feel like I'm at the limit of my truck already... 

 

Get an rv.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MR2 Biohazard said:

I bumper pull a 32' v nose with two cars.

 

You run a Dual rear wheel gasser right?  You know what your gross/tongue weight is

 

3 minutes ago, Burningham said:

 

Get an rv.

lol,  I have enough stuff to fix already.  Ill just keep inviting you to races

Edited by Huggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Huggy said:

lol,  I have enough stuff to fix already.  Ill just keep inviting you to races

 

I have enough tongue weight that it flexes the roof to the point it has opened up gaps.  The tires are kind of squatted, the rv doesn't notice either issue so I just keep rolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Huggy said:

 

You run a Dual rear wheel gasser right?  You know what your gross/tongue weight is

 

lol,  I have enough stuff to fix already.  Ill just keep inviting you to races

F350 dully gas.  I am not sure on tongue weight, but I would imagine it not being a lot as the two cars balance out the trailer well. I would even say it is less than shorter trailer with one car more up front on the trailer. Total weight is in the 11-12K range loaded, two cars. I had a 28' and one car and this setup tows just like it with no worries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24' Trailer - 5,000 axles, weight distribution hitch

14.5' car

8' built in shelving

Car in backwards to pull a little weight off the hitch

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...