Smelling Gas from my fuel cell

LupeM

Hello, I recently install a Fuel cell into my car wheel well. and later the next day i started to smell fumes gas inside my car. i check and no gas leaks anywhere. what am i doing something wrong here. cause i had to drain 9 gallons of gas out of the car

Was it a new cell or "good used".  I used, old bladders break down and leak gas inside the cell can. 

And yes, I know from first hand experience! 

Used cells can be a good deal if they aren't aged out, or if they are cheap enough that you only reuse the can and fill plate and can buy/insert a new bladder.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 8:22 PM, LupeM said:

Hello, I recently install a Fuel cell into my car wheel well. and later the next day i started to smell fumes gas inside my car. i check and no gas leaks anywhere. what am i doing something wrong here. cause i had to drain 9 gallons of gas out of the car

I had the same issue on my previous car (RIP).  Turns out it was the steel braided rubber hose.  It does not leak, but  the fumes do permeate the rubber.  Everytime I would walk into my garage I would search for the puddle and come up empty. If you google it you will find lots of people complaining about it.  New build has steel braided PTFE, 0 smell