CMP (Charlotte) Private Test\Tune

With the long hiatus from racing several of us in the CLT region want to knock the rust off of us and our cars (except for the patina). 

We are putting together a racer group to do a track day Sat June 6th.

The CMP lemons race next weekend is cancelled, which has left a time slot at the track open. A group of racers here in CLT are going to privately rent the track so we can get our endurance cars on track. We might be able to allow street cars, but the primary goal is to give racers a chance to warm up for the season. 

Depending on car turnout the price will be roughly $500 per car for the entire day. This will drop if more cars come, it is just hard to guess turnout so we are being very conservative. We will refund money back if turnout allows us to do so (we aren't doing this for profit).

See the ad on the champcar Facebook site or reach out to me with questions.

Edited by Black Magic
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Can we campout at the track Friday night in our race trailer?

what are the hours for the event? 

Is it $500 per car? I want to get some seat time along with Ian. (i need to learn how to read... yes, per car)

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, TimS said:

I’m sure you could camp somewhere close. That track looks to be in the middle of nowhere.  Walmart parking lot can’t be to far away. 

We are super low budget. so sleeping on site is always prefered.

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Black Magic said:

Depending on car turnout the price will be roughly $500 per car for the entire day. This will drop if more cars come, it is just hard to guess turnout so we are being very conservative. We will refund money back if turnout allows us to do so (we aren't doing this for profit).

Add me, Ian Strong, Derrick Williams
1991 Toyota MR2

• Like 1

Here you go @Bill Strong

https://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/blog/reopening-phase-2-covid-19-guidelines-and-procedures

Also should point out that if anyone is looking for comparative lap times, this will likely be the last chance at driving the track before re-paving.

Edited by Bremsen
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, TimS said:

Any updates?   Did you get the car count necessary?  I'm finalising everything needed to be ready for the test day.  Let me know there is anything I can do to help   

We are signing papers.... it's happening 😆

Right now working on a second wave of advertising trying to get more cars to come. We would like a few more cars to help make the event cheaper for all of us (more people just means more discount to you and the rest of the people running the event). Plus we want enough cars to have someone to run with, but still have tons of room on track. 20 cars ideally. 

7 hours ago, XelderX said:

I've got a friend who is on the fence. They already promised to help someone else with a circle track car test on Saturday. If that falls through, they might be a last minute addition. 

Would have to know by today, because we need to submit names Thur of anyone getting thru the gate (non spectator event)

We will be there.  Looking forward to getting Lorri some track time in her new ChampCar!  Also going to run a few shake down laps in the Sonett vintage racer to make sure it is OK before towing to Put-in-Bay for the Fall vintage race there.  So at least 1 of our cars will still be a Swede!

• Like 2

Tim, I kept looking for a white RX-7.  Totally forgot you had a red E30.  Wish I had more time to walk around and meet more folks. 

Had a decent day, unfortunately we left around 3:30 with our heads low (blown HG).  Have to pull our entry at CMS, the date change was questionable and we were hopeful, but that was contingent on no major changes after this weekend.  Looking at the fall events, probably going to shoot for Barber.

Thanks to Darrin and Drew for putting it together on short notice.