2020 ChampCar iRacing Series: Round 8, COTA - 6/3/2020, 6/10/2020

Rapido

CCES is back on track at COTA, so CCiS will follow suit, no waivers or  crew rosters required. Track limit enforcement will be akin to SCCA Spec Miata. There won't be any.

Session Details

• Practice Round: Wednesday, 3-June-2020
  • Championship Round: Wednesday, 10-June-2020
  • Practice Start: 7:00pm ET
  • Qualifying Start: 9:00pm ET
  • Race Start: 10:00pm ET
  • Cars: Mazda MX-5 NC Cup
  • Track: Circuit of the Americas - Grand Prix
  • In-Sim Session Date: Wednesday, 20-May-2020
  • In-Sim Session Start Time: 2:49pm
  • In-Sim Time Multiplier: 1x
  • Weather: Auto-Generated
  • Setup: iRacing Baseline with 4.2g fuel
  • Fast Repairs: 1
  • License Requirements: Practice Rounds (None), Championship Round (>D2.0)

Useful Links

ChampCar iRacing Series - League Application

Discord Server

2020 ChampCar iRacing Series schedule

Guide to iRacing and Hardware

How to create your own iRacing paints

iRacing Tips and Resources

Thanks for the race, was fun for the first half, second half was pretty boring mid pack.  I obviously didn't try pit entry before on used tires.  Also, sorry to the lapper I dumped...my fault, understeer city.  See you guys at the next one.  Also, I thought my incident count was high until I saw everyone elses...

33 minutes ago, Jab31169 said:

Thanks for the race, was fun for the first half, second half was pretty boring mid pack.  I obviously didn't try pit entry before on used tires.  Also, sorry to the lapper I dumped...my fault, understeer city.  See you guys at the next one.  Also, I thought my incident count was high until I saw everyone elses...

Had I found any rhythm, maybe I could've stuck with you and made it less of a yawner. Pretty sure I averaged 1x/lap 😲. It's similar to SPA with track limits, only more boring. Can you tell I don't love it? :)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jab31169 said:

Thanks for the race, was fun for the first half, second half was pretty boring mid pack.  I obviously didn't try pit entry before on used tires.  Also, sorry to the lapper I dumped...my fault, understeer city.  See you guys at the next one.Also, I thought my incident count was high until I saw everyone elses...

I had 9 - all 1x offs.  I read it wasnt being enforced though I was not realizing what that really meant til I watched the replay on YouTube. 

That is a large track for 24 cars.  Fortunately with the relative position window I could see the guy behind and not get too complacent since there was no one in my vicinity. 

Unclear why the car count down so far from Charlotte which was not that long ago. 

COTA just isn't a very popular track, probably due to people finding it difficult and kind of boring. It also isn't used much in the official series.

Fun race for the most part...those slow downs are brutal and I caught one on the last lap on the penultimate corner costing me 3rd place. Oh well, on to the next one

5 hours ago, Justin Hall said:

COTA just isn't a very popular track, probably due to people finding it difficult and kind of boring. It also isn't used much in the official series.

Fun race for the most part...those slow downs are brutal and I caught one on the last lap on the penultimate corner costing me 3rd place. Oh well, on to the next one

I appreciate your perspective on it.

I drove the first ChampCar endurance race weekend there in 2016 and the event was sold out.  MY friend towed his car 20 hours one way so we could race there.  I am not a great driver but the complexity of this track make it interesting to me, though I struggle understanding what other drivers like in a race track. 

I joined iRacing in April and have done just the last three ChampCar iRacing events - funny thing is I have actually raced at all the tracks used virtually in those events.  I liked them all though I liked Charlotte roval better without the chicanes off the speedways sections.

Bummer on the penalty.  I finished 14th and stayed on the lead lap by less than .2 seconds which was my excitement, and moved up from 105th to 60th in points lol

• Like 2