Official 2020 - The Frozen Rotors Winter Classic at Road America

Bill Strong

On 9/1/2020 at 6:38 AM, Silverbeast said:

You can fly internationally...But it's that's sneaking the Trailer with Race Car in it over that's the challenge.

I never considered the need for an off road trailer.... until now.  I assume all trucks in the great white north are 4wd already.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bbaker480 said:

I never considered the need for an off road trailer.... until now.  I assume all trucks in the great white north are 4wd already.

But can they float?  Unless west of the great lakes, then nevermind.  Lolzers.

• Haha 1

On 9/5/2020 at 11:09 AM, bbaker480 said:

Yeah, Pretty much all 4x4 around here.

We are way west of the Great lakes...

New tow vehicle found!  Just cross at night right?  That'll work?

Still don't have  the test day link right, still says to come. We are definitely planning to run the test day too. I've had the car at an SCCA track day to shake it down and have found and fixed a lot on my Rabbit GTI, one more on Oct. 1, then the test day to confirm and get some seat time for my Co drivers. Can we get the link up?

2 minutes ago, Timothy G. Elliott said:

Still don't have  the test day link right, still says to come. We are definitely planning to run the test day too. I've had the car at an SCCA track day to shake it down and have found and fixed a lot on my Rabbit GTI, one more on Oct. 1, then the test day to confirm and get some seat time for my Co drivers. Can we get the link up?

You can register here: RA runs the test day. 

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/road-america-champ-car-friday-test-day-10-23-20-track-676588

some of you failed to fill out your registration correctly, so I took the liberty of filling it out on my copy here on the forum. 
Yes cars were made in 1492. I read it on a wiki. the same one you use for determining your swap numbers. 2022 models of honda integras are in your showrooms now. go ask. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

some of you failed to fill out your registration correctly, so I took the liberty of filling it out on my copy here on the forum. 
Yes cars were made in 1492. I read it on a wiki. the same one you use for determining your swap numbers. 2022 models of honda integras are in your showrooms now. go ask. 

We're race car drivers not form filler outers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The event supplemental indicates RA garages can hold more than one car. I called asking how big the garages are with the answer of 60x40. That is huge. Anyone know how big they really are? how many cars do they fit? 

The next question is does anyone have one rented that wants to share space and cost? Does anyone or 2,3,4,5,6  teams want to go in on one?

Bill, since you are the Decal Inspection & Compliance (DIC) Officer, have the decals changed for 2020?  I have a 2019 sponsor and number decal. Do I need to order new or will they be available at RA?

39 minutes ago, misshift said:

The event supplemental indicates RA garages can hold more than one car. I called asking how big the garages are with the answer of 60x40. That is huge. Anyone know how big they really are? how many cars do they fit? 

The next question is does anyone have one rented that wants to share space and cost? Does anyone or 2,3,4,5,6  teams want to go in on one?

Bill, since you are the Decal Inspection & Compliance (DIC) Officer, have the decals changed for 2020?  I have a 2019 sponsor and number decal. Do I need to order new or will they be available at RA?

They are huge, well lit, and out of the wind. Worth every penny at an October race. We normally split 2 ways but last year added a third car that just wanted to park indoors overnight. 

Two teams can comfortably work in the same garage, or 3 cars can comfortably park.

Have not booked our garage yet if you want to rent one and go halves.

60x40 doesn't seem right... My guess would be 60 x 20

Edited by enginerd

9 hours ago, enginerd said:

They are huge, well lit, and out of the wind. Worth every penny at an October race. We normally split 2 ways but last year added a third car that just wanted to park indoors overnight. 

Two teams can comfortably work in the same garage, or 3 cars can comfortably park.

Have not booked our garage yet if you want to rent one and go halves.

60x40 doesn't seem right... My guess would be 60 x 20

Wouldn't that still be 4 cars with space to work on them?  That's bigger than 2 of my 2 car garages combined!

More like 30 x 20?  Or 40 x 20?

Big difference between 60x40 and 16x40.  Hey, they both have the number 6 in them. Unfortunately my hearing is probably to blame as much as I want to blame it on the person I spoke with on the phone.

Enginerd, yes I would like to go in on a garage. If there is a 3rd or even 4th team that wants to park overnight that's fine. I really hope not to have work on the car but things happen.  Just pull all the cars in at bedtime.  We can work out the final price difference with the transmission if that works for you.

26 minutes ago, misshift said:

Big difference between 60x40 and 16x40.  Hey, they both have the number 6 in them. Unfortunately my hearing is probably to blame as much as I want to blame it on the person I spoke with on the phone.

Enginerd, yes I would like to go in on a garage. If there is a 3rd or even 4th team that wants to park overnight that's fine. I really hope not to have work on the car but things happen.  Just pull all the cars in at bedtime.  We can work out the final price difference with the transmission if that works for you.

That works for me

• Bill Strong changed the title to Official 2020 - The Frozen Rotors Winter Classic at Road America