Official 2020 - The Frozen Rotors Winter Classic at Road America

16 minutes ago, MoparBoyy said:

im guessing the number is higher than people think.

I honestly was looking for caged C3s this morning so I could get it qualified before the end of the year.  Now I am just really hoping RE71rs are 6 second a lap faster than RS4s  🤞

https://www.racingjunk.com/Vintage/184066423/1966-AP-Corvette-Race-Car-SVRA-HSR-eligible-.html?category_id=4438&np_offset=23

https://www.racingjunk.com/Vintage/184035675/1969-Chevrolet-Corvette-Race-Car.html?category_id=4438&np_offset=25

https://www.racingjunk.com/Vintage/184008259/1968-Corvette.html?category_id=4438&np_offset=30

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are doing a full show, minus the professionalism that Paulie brings. Yes, Paulie's driving but me, Bill, and Doc will be doing a show.  

On the Indy broadcast they mentioned that there would be a broadcast at Road America.  There better be, I do this exclusively for the fame.

I remember that 1 time!

Posted Images

On 9/14/2020 at 2:50 PM, LuckyKid said:

I honestly thought about calling Champcar and explaining if that car is what we are expected to compete against then we are not going to be participating in the race. But that takes away from what we said we wanted to do this year, and that’s put a car on the track and have a good time regardless.

So, were going to show up with our hot garbage just looking to have some good competition, and praying for some good weather.

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, Gkuhn41 said:

I honestly thought about calling Champcar and explaining if that car is what we are expected to compete against then we are not going to be participating in the race. But that takes away from what we said we wanted to do this year, and that’s put a car on the track and have a good time regardless.

So, were going to show up with our hot garbage just looking to have some good competition, and praying for some good weather.

Don’t be scared! 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Gkuhn41 said:

I honestly thought about calling Champcar and explaining if that car is what we are expected to compete against then we are not going to be participating in the race.

Yep, yellow e30 is a beast, I can see why you wouldn’t even show up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, Gkuhn41 said:

This has nothing to do with being scared. Were used to being outperformed and were ok with that. We are not ok with uneven rule enforcement. 

Nothing will change if people dont' speak up. The only person you need to talk to is Mike Chisek info@champcar.org

• Like 1

Starting with laps at Road America is tougher than other places because of the long lap. I believe they will indeed start with laps, just not sure how many.  

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, enginerd said:

Yep, yellow e30 is a beast, I can see why you wouldn’t even show up. 

TBH I expected you and the cheat code swap would be talk of the forum.  I think your car is going to influence a lot of BMW swaps in the future.

(NOT implying you are cheating, just that the swap weight adjustment would allow a K swap and I don't think that was the intent)  I was actually evaluating trying to get an E30 13B renesis in under the same 50pt swap.

• Like 1

holy crap. the emails about attending Road America are coming in fast. So the limit was upped to 100 cars. You have buddies that want to race their spec e30/e36/e46/944/miata cars? send them out to Road America!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

holy crap. the emails about attending Road America are coming in fast. So the limit was upped to 100 cars.

For real?  Man this going to be insane.  What a way to break in a new build.

With all these extra entry fees you're doing a full live show right?  Right?

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

holy crap. the emails about attending Road America are coming in fast. So the limit was upped to 100 cars. You have buddies that want to race their spec e30/e36/e46/944/miata cars? send them out to Road America!

Dang. That's awesome.

Would love to do this event. That's an awesome car count

9 hours ago, SonsOfIrony said:

For real?  Man this going to be insane.  What a way to break in a new build.

With all these extra entry fees you're doing a full live show right?  Right?

On the Indy broadcast they mentioned that there would be a broadcast at Road America.  There better be, I do this exclusively for the fame.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
21 hours ago, Jer said:

Starting with laps at Road America is tougher than other places because of the long lap. I believe they will indeed start with laps, just not sure how many.  

A bunch.    Road America also needs the most HP.  Uphill Acceleration everywhere.   Maybe 2 bunches would be better

1 hour ago, LuckyKid said:

At some point Bill mentioned that he may do it on his own dime.  I must have missed the update to a full show.

8 hours ago, Slugworks Paul said:

I don't think there's often been a full broadcast from RA as Paulie is normally driving. Same story last year, Bill did one solo but it was limited with no interviews.

Wonder if we could get @TAlexander roped in, and Maybe a guest commentator to cover for Paulie?

• Like 1
  • Bill Strong changed the title to Official 2020 - The Frozen Rotors Winter Classic at Road America