Official 2020 - The Frozen Rotors Winter Classic at Road America

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are doing a full show, minus the professionalism that Paulie brings. Yes, Paulie's driving but me, Bill, and Doc will be doing a show.  

On the Indy broadcast they mentioned that there would be a broadcast at Road America.  There better be, I do this exclusively for the fame.

I remember that 1 time!

Posted Images

• Bill Strong changed the title to Official 2020 - The Frozen Rotors Winter Classic at Road America
2 hours ago, Dewey Havta said:

I was getting nervous at 87 entries but 94 this morning ...

track is larger than daytona and sebring which have seen this many cars... You northern boys need to learn what real racin is like :)

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, MoparBoyy said:

track is larger than daytona and sebring which have seen this many cars... You northern boys need to learn what real racin is like :)

94 entries at Road America in 2013, nothing new (other than entry fees up by $375)

I'll bet you get a lesson in real racin from those northern boys :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, ABR-Glen said:

94 entries at Road America in 2013, nothing new (other than entry fees up by $375)

Just wait until it turns into 30 degree temps with sideways blowing snow and cold wet track conditions, then those southern boys will see what racin in the north is all about. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
44 minutes ago, ABR-Glen said:

you gonna pick on champ-legal cars with your big fancy EC machine? ;)

Edited by Slugworks Paul
23 minutes ago, JoeHeitzRules said:

Just wait until it turns into 30 degree temps with sideways blowing snow and cold wet track conditions, then those southern boys will see what racin in the north is all about. 

Uh huh. 

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, JoeHeitzRules said:

Chicago-boy born and raised and lived there for 30+ years, Road America is my home track...  Plus, did everyone forget about the 4" of snow at Road Atlanta this year?

IMG_20200208_105220.jpg

IMG_20200208_100146.jpg

Edited by MoparBoyy
3 hours ago, MoparBoyy said:

did everyone forget about the 4" of snow at Road Atlanta this year?

That northern snow comes with a bite y'all southerners might be surprised by, and yes Chicago is basically southern in my book.  It barely gets cold there. 😜

We made room in the trailer for the rain tires and the snow tires.  You know, just in case.

94 cars is going to be epic.  I can't wait.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, enginerd said:

You think we can run a 2:47!?! I’ll take it. Oil pressure be damned

Our old car got into the 2:46s while running the kink, and the new car is 5+ seconds faster at BIR than the old car ever was, so my goal is match that 2:46 while running the bend.  Don't know if we'll get there, but we're going to try, traffic dependant of course.  We're carrying too many penalty laps to have realistic shot at a podium, but we're going to have fun.

• Like 1