Official 2020 - The Frozen Rotors Winter Classic at Road America

11 minutes ago, SonsOfIrony said:

Our old car got into the 2:46s while running the kink, and the new car is 5+ seconds faster at BIR than the old car ever was, so my goal is match that 2:46 while running the bend.  Don't know if we'll get there, but we're going to try, traffic dependant of course.  We're carrying too many penalty laps to have realistic shot at a podium, but we're going to have fun.

I think the bend adds about 8 seconds, so you certainly have a shot!

@red0 must be hitting the reefer.. our fastest time at RA is 2:53.xxx, the engine swap isn’t going to take us down to 2:47.2

• Like 1
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are doing a full show, minus the professionalism that Paulie brings. Yes, Paulie's driving but me, Bill, and Doc will be doing a show.  

On the Indy broadcast they mentioned that there would be a broadcast at Road America.  There better be, I do this exclusively for the fame.

I remember that 1 time!

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, enginerd said:

I think the bend adds about 8 seconds, so you certainly have a shot!

@red0 must be hitting the reefer.. our fastest time at RA is 2:53.xxx, the engine swap isn’t going to take us down to 2:47.2

A lot more work has been done to the car than just the engine swap. 

spacer.png

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Indysupra said:

Forecast is starting to take a turn. Still too early to tell. We had two botched race attempts this year so we may have to go to amp to try and make it count as far as weather goes. The c4 could run good at RA. Kinda bummed. 

Mr. Burns excellent | Mr burns simpsons, Burns simpson, Mr burns

2 hours ago, Indysupra said:

Forecast is starting to take a turn.

Cool your jets.  Weather forcasting in the upper midwest in October is laughable at best.  It's only even remotely reliable in the 24 hour range.  Anything more than 3 days out is useless.  

• Like 1

I sure hope it doesn't rain.

We've had a bad run. 

Sebring: Rain. It rained day 1 and day 2, less on day 2 but enough to slow us down. 

Road Atlanta: Everybody knows. It snowed. Then it got foggy. And it was slick and foggy and at the end of the race I thought I might die. 

COTA: All clear, great weekend.

Daytona: My hint should have been when I couldn't get into the track on Friday for 2 hours because they closed the gates due to lightning. 

PBIR: Sudden downpour on Day 1. @Snake almost took out a slow moving car on the back straight at 120+ mph. @Bill Strong was driving through the puddles under FCY apparently trying to piss us off. 

Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, scottyk said:

Can’t wait to crawl under it, take some pictures and measurements.😏

I’ll make sure that the harbor freight jack stands stay on the trailer. My car has nothing to hide.

Edited by enginerd
12 hours ago, SonsOfIrony said:

Cool your jets.  Weather forcasting in the upper midwest in October is laughable at best.  It's only even remotely reliable in the 24 hour range.  Anything more than 3 days out is useless.  

Pretty true, weather forecasts are pretty much a dart throw.   I think they do it o. Purpose to get is to look more often. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, scottyk said:

Can’t wait to crawl under it, take some pictures and measurements.😏

4 hours ago, enginerd said:

I’ll make sure that the harbor freight jack stands stay on the trailer. My car has nothing to hide.

I thought it was Honda swapped now.  When did it become a corvette?  ;)

Edited by SonsOfIrony
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, SonsOfIrony said:

Anyone have an idea when we might see pit assignments come out?  Haven't raced with CCES in a bit and don't want to email MM.  He's busy enough as it is.

My guess is probably Monday or Tuesday.  Might even be tomorrow.  I am not sure at this point as I am just pulling something out of thin air.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1