Official 2020 - The Frozen Rotors Winter Classic at Road America

Responding to the above question regarding a Snack Shack(?)...

Gear Box (best track food in the US according to many!) and the round concessions by the traffic circle run by the church were open this past week for the Runoffs.

GB didn't have their German Potato Salad though :(

Both concessions had 10 and 20 lb bags of ice.

EDIT: Supps say just the round one by the traffic circle

Edited by Wheelman_99
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are doing a full show, minus the professionalism that Paulie brings. Yes, Paulie's driving but me, Bill, and Doc will be doing a show.  

On the Indy broadcast they mentioned that there would be a broadcast at Road America.  There better be, I do this exclusively for the fame.

I remember that 1 time!

Posted Images

Please for the love of sanity, prove that you all know how to use the traffic circle better than some of the SCCA people last week!!

Some people failed so badly that the track setup cones... And people still screwed it up!

Side note for the Covid concerned: WI finally figured out what Covid is and was taking things much more seriously than they were in June.

• Like 1

What's the story on an allowance for coolant?

It's been below freezing the last couple of nights.  I thought there was an allowance in the BCCR, but can't find it.  I may be thinking of a different rulebook.

I'm not looking forward to firing the cars up overnight at the track every couple hours to keep them from freezing over.

2 hours ago, SonsOfIrony said:

It's been below freezing the last couple of nights.  I thought there was an allowance in the BCCR, but can't find it.  I may be thinking of a different rulebook.

I'm not looking forward to firing the cars up overnight at the track every couple hours to keep them from freezing over.

Getting to op temp before bed once should be good as long as it is not windy. If so, cardboard (or similar) in front and behind rad and or cover the car, park in trailer.

13 hours ago, SonsOfIrony said:

Per Mike Morrison - "a light mix of anti-freeze will be allowed."
I will add to the supps tomorrow

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrators

Well I just got off the phone with Siebkens.  It looks like the Stop Inn Tavern is open on Friday, Sat and Sunday and no restrictions to capactiy.

Who is all coming to enjoy some drinks at Siebkens with us?

This is a very important part of this weekend :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just  a little update on the weather in our area, a little SW of Road America, as I sit here in my office looking out at the new white snow which has covered the ground in the last 45 minutes. Welcome to the midwest and hopefully it will all be gone by the weekend.  Bring warm clothes and be prepared. See you all soon.

3 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Well I just got off the phone with Siebkens.  It looks like the Stop Inn Tavern is open on Friday, Sat and Sunday and no restrictions to capactiy.

State order is 25% capacity and that was just upheld in court.  Stay safe friends!

1 hour ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Tyler last time I had a beer with him...

giphy-downsized.gif?cid=6104955ebecf1070

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

I'm thinking about it.

We stuck a chiminea in the trailer for this weekend. That's about as good as Floridians can do. 

EDIT: does anybody know where we can buy firewood in Wisconsin? Here in Florida we buy it at the grocery store. 

Edited by Snorman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1