Official 2020 - The Frozen Rotors Winter Classic at Road America

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are doing a full show, minus the professionalism that Paulie brings. Yes, Paulie's driving but me, Bill, and Doc will be doing a show.  

On the Indy broadcast they mentioned that there would be a broadcast at Road America.  There better be, I do this exclusively for the fame.

I remember that 1 time!

Posted Images

The E30 will be all over 2:45 when the bugs are worked out. And it has 2 hours of fuel. It will be formidable, no worries.

1 hour ago, 55mini said:

We all know that one will do it but not sure about the orange, now yellow monster???? Has to finish or wait has to start first.

Just now, Cam Benty said:

2 hours of fuel

It had that with the M20 or darn near. And as I said the motor needs to stay together as RA is really hard on that part of the package. I hope they get it sorted soon, all jokes aside. It runs hard when it is on track.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Cam Benty said:

The E30 will be all over 2:45 when the bugs are worked out. And it has 2 hours of fuel. It will be formidable, no worries.

That’s rather optimistic! I think high 2:48 may be possible... the CRX ran 2:47.1 and has better braking and handling (no doubt due to the aero). 

Can’t wait to get the BMW out to Road America in April.

Edited by enginerd
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Cam Benty said:

FYI the car ran out of gas at 1 hour 50 minutes at NL. Had to take a 5 minute pit with 10 minutes left in the race. 

• Like 2

The best flowing cylinder heads from a factory we can run in this series. And an engineer behind the build. I detect a Chicago crawfish at work!!!!😉

13 hours ago, enginerd said:

That’s rather optimistic! I think high 2:48 may be possible... the CRX ran 2:47.1 and has better braking and handling (no doubt due to the aero). 

Can’t wait to get the BMW out to Road America in April.

Edited by Cam Benty
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, red0 said:

FYI the car ran out of gas at 1 hour 50 minutes at NL. Had to take a 5 minute pit with 10 minutes left in the race. 

A new build and first time on the track I will bet there were issues. Fuel pick up, trans issues whatever. 

I owned an 03 Mach 1. 400 hp, TKO 600 and A LOT of suspensions work. A Civic with a 2.4 Mugen walked me from a highway roll past 100 mph. Save you B.S. for someone else. 😉

4 hours ago, Cam Benty said:

A new build and first time on the track I will bet there were issues. Fuel pick up, trans issues whatever. 

I owned an 03 Mach 1. 400 hp, TKO 600 and A LOT of suspensions work. A Civic with a 2.4 Mugen walked me from a highway roll past 100 mph. Save you B.S. for someone else. 😉

It was not a new build, it had been on track many times, and there were no issues. 

Next time maybe try the Mach 2? 

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, Dewey Havta said:

Anyone have images of Laps of Honor silver corvette blowing up the transmission going into 5 Sat morning?

i was behind it when it blew apart, sooo much smoke.  i'll look thru the video when i can.