Official 2020 - The Bell Racing Sebring 14

I plan on staying for the 12hr after the the Champ Car event. Has there been any discussion with SIR to allow us to stay in the overflow lot starting Sunday?Asking in case I need to find an alternative spot to camp until they allow everyone to start coming into the overflow on Tuesday.  Thanks. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had lawyers present during our meeting. They are not playing games. If 2 people are seen without their mask. They will black flag the race, and there will be a talk. Then when everyone is masked up

So looking for some feedback guys.   We may be able to run a practice / test session on Friday. This is all tentative, so please don't make any plans yet, I'm just looking for your feedback.

Bell is giving away a bunch of Bell credit for our Sebring event.

Posted Images

23 hours ago, dgensimore said:

I plan on staying for the 12hr after the the Champ Car event. Has there been any discussion with SIR to allow us to stay in the overflow lot starting Sunday?Asking in case I need to find an alternative spot to camp until they allow everyone to start coming into the overflow on Tuesday.  Thanks. 

It's an issue of contracts. Our contract ends Saturday night. Another club has the facility rented on Sunday, so we need to be completely out. 

With that said, if IMSA has arrangements for early arrivals for their event, then that's between IMSA and Sebring. 

Hope that helps.

Dana

1 hour ago, DuncanDana said:

It's an issue of contracts. Our contract ends Saturday night. Another club has the facility rented on Sunday, so we need to be completely out. 

With that said, if IMSA has arrangements for early arrivals for their event, then that's between IMSA and Sebring. 

Hope that helps.

Dana

No worries thank you for the info. If anyone has the same issue and does not want to trailer home, then back to the track. Highlands State Park has plenty of open camping spots still available.

On 10/7/2020 at 12:16 PM, Bill Strong said:

Masks to be worn at all times when you are on the Sebring property. No EXCEPTIONS. The race will be stopped if people are caught not wearing their face coverings.
Balaclava, full face helmet with shield down, face masks, face shields do count as face coverings. 

I know this is probably contained in 'anywhere on sebring property' but feel obliged to ask anyway.  Does this include when you're driving or sitting in your own vehicle (not race car), windows up?

FWIW I think everyone freaking out about a piece of cotton on their face is hilarious, and Sebring is private property, so they can set whatever rules they want, so no complaints here either way.  I just want to clarify the rules regarding personal vehicles so I don't cause a black flag!

4 minutes ago, krispykritter said:

I know this is probably contained in 'anywhere on sebring property' but feel obliged to ask anyway.  Does this include when you're driving or sitting in your own vehicle (not race car), windows up?

Driving and sitting in your personal car with the windows up is most likely excluded.

There may be exceptions.

clown_car.jpg

• Haha 2

Track has updated their attendance policy... 

To Mask or Not to Mask? Like you we want face masks to go away – FOREVER. During your visit to Sebring in November, when hanging with your own group you do not need to wear masks. When venturing out for food, cocktails or to socialize with your long-lost Sebring family, we ask you to wear a mask so we can bring the 2021 Twelve Hour Classic back with full capacity. Tickets are back on sale NOW. Tickets are currently available ONLINE ONLY - any tickets purchased between now & November 11 will be "print at home" style. No new sales of tickets / parking passes will be mailed out for this event. www.sebringraceway.com

Someone might wanna reach back out to the track.

Edited by Snake
9 hours ago, Snake said:

Track has updated their attendance policy... 

To Mask or Not to Mask? Like you we want face masks to go away – FOREVER. During your visit to Sebring in November, when hanging with your own group you do not need to wear masks. When venturing out for food, cocktails or to socialize with your long-lost Sebring family, we ask you to wear a mask so we can bring the 2021 Twelve Hour Classic back with full capacity. Tickets are back on sale NOW. Tickets are currently available ONLINE ONLY - any tickets purchased between now & November 11 will be "print at home" style. No new sales of tickets / parking passes will be mailed out for this event. www.sebringraceway.com

Someone might wanna reach back out to the track.

Is not going to happen. contracts and lawyers were involved. sorry

Quick question,  I already know the answer, but Dana made comment about if you have a 2020 tech sticker, do not come to tech.  Well I had to add parts to my car for reliability reasons.  I already have a 2020 sticker.  But because I added stuff, I need to go back through tech. Correct?

Edited by Final Turn Motorsports
Wrong person
On 10/21/2020 at 9:03 PM, Final Turn Motorsports said:

Quick question,  I already know the answer, but Dana made comment about if you have a 2020 tech sticker, do not come to tech.  Well I had to add parts to my car for reliability reasons.  I already have a 2020 sticker.  But because I added stuff, I need to go back through tech. Correct?

That is correct, but talk to the Tech guy before hand. Message Jay/Ray They generally will work with you so you don’t have to go through the whole process or wait in line. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Final Turn Motorsports said:

Well, I have added an oil cooler and accusump,  and removed 2 end links.

I do not know why you would think we would make you go through the line again for those adjustments as we do these updates all the time for anyone.  You may have to wait a short time for us to get clear to take a look and adjust your book.

• Like 1