Jump to content

1984 190E 5spd - Charlotte area


Recommended Posts

I think its an E 2.3 which would indicate the gasser to me.  Ad says E and description says D and makes no mention of diesel.  I know they brought manual 190Es to the states, I think up to 86 or maybe a bit later, as my dad owned one when I was a kid (wish he never sold it).  Not sure about manual diesels and can't say I've ever seen or heard of one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Bremsen said:

I think its an E 2.3 which would indicate the gasser to me.  Ad says E and description says D and makes no mention of diesel.  I know they brought manual 190Es to the states, I think up to 86 or maybe a bit later, as my dad owned one when I was a kid (wish he never sold it).  Not sure about manual diesels and can't say I've ever seen or heard of one. 

the D is for 4 door...4D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bremsen said:

I guess your FB is more descriptive than mine:

 

$850
 
  • About This Vehicle
    •  
    • Driven 450,000 miles
    •  
    • Manual transmission
    •  
    • Exterior color: White · Interior color: Brown

 

That's funny. I don't even have an account. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"It is a 190D." Seller's statement.

 

190D is diesel, 190E is gas. Other confusing things: 2.2 is diesel, 2.3 is gas. However, 450,000 miles driven also means diesel. :)

 

The best 190e to get is the 2.6 5 speed, easy swap to M103 or if you want more, the M104 engine.

Edited by mender
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mender said:

The best 190e to get is the 2.6 5 speed, easy swap to M103 or if you want more, the M104 engine.

 

Hard to believe either of those would be better than the M102 with 200 points left to spend elsewhere.  $$$$ and only 14.5 gallons though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grufton said:

 

Hard to believe either of those would be better than the M102 with 200 points left to spend elsewhere.  $$$$ and only 14.5 gallons though.

2.6 with 158 hp or 50 points to swap to the 3.0 M103 for 177 hp; same hp as the 2.3-16 Cosworth 190e without having to find one.

 

A better starting point in my mind would be a '90 300E-24 with a 5 speed manual, 18.5 gallons, for 300 points.

Edited by mender
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...