1984 190E 5spd - Charlotte area

I think its an E 2.3 which would indicate the gasser to me.  Ad says E and description says D and makes no mention of diesel.  I know they brought manual 190Es to the states, I think up to 86 or maybe a bit later, as my dad owned one when I was a kid (wish he never sold it).  Not sure about manual diesels and can't say I've ever seen or heard of one. 

10 minutes ago, Bremsen said:

I think its an E 2.3 which would indicate the gasser to me.  Ad says E and description says D and makes no mention of diesel.  I know they brought manual 190Es to the states, I think up to 86 or maybe a bit later, as my dad owned one when I was a kid (wish he never sold it).  Not sure about manual diesels and can't say I've ever seen or heard of one. 

the D is for 4 door...4D

Just now, Bremsen said:

I guess your FB is more descriptive than mine:

$850

• About This Vehicle
    •  
    • Driven 450,000 miles
    •  
    • Manual transmission
    •  
    • Exterior color: White · Interior color: Brown

That's funny. I don't even have an account. :)

"It is a 190D." Seller's statement.

190D is diesel, 190E is gas. Other confusing things: 2.2 is diesel, 2.3 is gas. However, 450,000 miles driven also means diesel. :)

The best 190e to get is the 2.6 5 speed, easy swap to M103 or if you want more, the M104 engine.

Edited by mender
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, mender said:

The best 190e to get is the 2.6 5 speed, easy swap to M103 or if you want more, the M104 engine.

Hard to believe either of those would be better than the M102 with 200 points left to spend elsewhere.  $$$$ and only 14.5 gallons though.

1 hour ago, Grufton said:

Hard to believe either of those would be better than the M102 with 200 points left to spend elsewhere.  $$$$ and only 14.5 gallons though.

2.6 with 158 hp or 50 points to swap to the 3.0 M103 for 177 hp; same hp as the 2.3-16 Cosworth 190e without having to find one.

A better starting point in my mind would be a '90 300E-24 with a 5 speed manual, 18.5 gallons, for 300 points.

Edited by mender