Tool-less "Lithium" battery Box or hold down - show me...

• Administrators

I use a proper automotive "lithium" battery. It's small, and weighs 3 pounds.
Lifepro4 is what it's really called for you terminology nerds.

So I am looking for a battery hold down that is tool-less for when I need to remove the battery.

It's easy for me to build something like this. But how about off the shelf type boxes/hold downs that you can buy ready made?
Using this tool-less hold down, with an automotive grade Anderson connector for the wires, would allow me to easily move the battery from car to car, swap it out quickly, or remove it quickly in an emergency without the need for tools.

1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

I use a proper automotive "lithium" battery. It's small, and weighs 3 pounds.
Lifepro4 is what it's really called for you terminology nerds.

So I am looking for a battery hold down that is tool-less for when I need to remove the battery.

It's easy for me to build something like this. But how about off the shelf type boxes/hold downs that you can buy ready made?
Using this tool-less hold down, with an automotive grade Anderson connector for the wires, would allow me to easily move the battery from car to car, swap it out quickly, or remove it quickly in an emergency without the need for tools.

I used two threaded rods and nylon-insert wing nuts to tighten a cross bar down on the battery. Wasn’t as quick as you are probably looking for, about a minute or two to remove the nuts by hand. 

10 hours ago, MoparBoyy said:

are they prone to failure?  we run a lightweight AGM battery only thing thats happened is the battery has gone dead while testing stuff in pit lane.  I just keep a small jump box in the pitbox.

I’ve been racing an earthX ETX36C (3.9 lbs) for maybe 3 yrs now in a dodge neons. Zero issues. 

I have a Anti-gravity battery (5.5 lbs 880 cranking amps) in an ‘08 350Z occasional driver for about a year now, no issues, killed it twice by leaving a switch on, but just put it on a Li specific charger. No issues, I didn’t try out its “restart” feature. 

A LiFePO4 will not like being jump started, most have built in controllers limiting how deeply they get discharged and some also how much alternator charge they accept.

• Like 1