I'm asking if there is a way to ban a team from ChampCar... petition the board, member petition, etc. are bans even allowed in the bylaws? I'm talking about the Matt Connolly BMW.. the video from many events speaks for itself.

Edited by enginerd
  • Like 3

To add some context for this.

Here's about 45mins into the Daytona 2020 race today.

Here is the same BMW blasting the same car (808 contour) 20mins later on a straightaway.

Seems like the BMW driver got butthurt for what really looks like his fault and then almost seriously injured not one but two drivers.

I attached a picture of the previously straight control arm we replaced after this incident.

I have friends that race lemons, I asked why they wouldn't race champ and they said there was too much contact. Today is my first champcar race with a crew of some guys I know and this happens an hour in...

Screenshot_20200705-164659.png

Edited by 69_sportsroof
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

I have an email I will send out in the morning to the rest of the board.  I have been watching all day.

thank you. 

I dont think we've had contact with them, but every time i see their name on a list i just think to myself 'someones getting hit'

• Like 2

15 hours ago, shutupracing said:

They also caused a wreck at NJMP with AER. 

how they are allowed to race in any series is beyond me. 

I remember when he ran his first race at VIR and was butthurt about being in EC and whined all over FB about how low quality the series was and how he was such a superior driver/team owner and that they would be winning races in no time...that was enough for me to know there was going to be an issue...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, hotchkis23 said:

I remember when he ran his first race at VIR and was butthurt about being in EC and whined all over FB about how low quality the series was and how he was such a superior driver/team owner and that they would be winning races in no time...that was enough for me to know there was going to be an issue...

I swear they were EC as well but speedhive is showing them as C class currently with a finish of 7th place in class and 15th overall...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 69_sportsroof said:

I swear they were EC as well but speedhive is showing them as C class currently with a finish of 7th place in class and 15th overall...

I saw the same thing. They were EC in years past, must have taken some parts off or taken laps. The car is / was a e46 3XXi 

I think I noticed it's best lap was a 2:17 and some change so potentially faster than the main pack that was the 2:20's but not rifle fast either.  I'm not sure how may cars ended up with faster fast laps though. Maybe they need to wax the heck out of it so it slides off instead of collecting other cars lol.

I think Riley was the 2:09 and Paul maybe 2:13? but I may be mixing up.  I was thinking the car that ran 2:10-ish also dropped not long after Riley's Vette.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 67Mustang said:

I think Riley was the 2:09 and Paul maybe 2:13? but I may be mixing up.  I was thinking the car that ran 2:10-ish also dropped not long after Riley's Vette.

Tuttle ran the 2:10. 

18 minutes ago, LuckyKid said:

Tuttle ran the 2:10. 

He was fast but not reliable, you have to finish to win.

21 minutes ago, 67Mustang said:

You got it right.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snorman said:

106999192_10163868689655113_178010683019

107493878_10163868689795113_578750763300

That car always arrives at the track looking immaculate. 

11 minutes ago, enginerd said:

And leaves all beat to hell.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, enginerd said:

...and never leaves that way.  

Just imagine, if forum users only make up 10%, how many people have actually been hit by those toolbags?  They need a 1 year ban to start with, no question.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Every race I've done with ChampCar, I've been told to watch out for that car  One team I raced with, I asked what I need to know about the car, race, strategy....and watch out for that car was the first thing I was told. 

• Haha 1

On 7/5/2020 at 5:33 PM, shutupracing said:

They also caused a wreck at NJMP with AER. 

how they are allowed to race in any series is beyond me. 

Rental drivers that aren't vetted properly

• Like 1

8 hours ago, a914freak said:

Rental drivers that aren't vetted properly

Repeatedly?  In at least a couple different series?  Over at least a couple years?

Once or twice, sure.  If coincidence happens enough, it's no longer coincidence.

This is honestly my first time even noticing them, but it seems they've made a name for themselves long before they hit my radar.

• Like 1

It all starts & ends with the owner of the team.   It's called  Ownership Attitude.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FYI - matt connolly himself was the one that hit me at indy and broke my wheel and bent a rear lower control arm. He admitted it - so it most certainly is not just his rental drivers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1