Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, the5 said:

He Had two Cars that race

Oh sorry and makes since the one at Daytona was the front car which slipped over the hill in the video.

 

Watched them in action at Indy and car was trashed after the race, we were working pits and I saw it all day long as they came into pry things out several times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, 55mini said:

Looks like the MMC car is the one out front in that video and not the one which lost control??

 

MCM*  

and you can see the side of the car as it hits the camera car.  its clearly MCM.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holy Handgrenades Batman,  That's just nutz.... 

 

You know the interesting part might be, He has to be charging those rental drivers for breaking his car, that or they buy some type of ins to cover it.  Still seems like they bend up more sheet metal than than the Blues Brothers dented up police cars!

Edited by 67Mustang
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, the driving line of that MCM car in the video above for the several corners before the wreck seems pretty questionable too,  Are the MCM cars like that all the time, hunting side to side back and forth across the racing line?  Seems like they are really skittish if that is a word.

 

The Caymen seems to hold a pretty consistent line despite having to find away past the slower cars.  I'm not sure he would have noticed the MCM car getting too far off to the  left.  After watching the video a few times, can kind of see it coming when MCM pops off the edge...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, 67Mustang said:

Holy Handgrenades Batman,  That's just nutz.... 

 

You know the interesting part might be, He has to be charging those rental drivers for breaking his car, that or they buy some type of ins to cover it.  Still seems like they bend up more sheet metal than than the Blues Brothers dented up police cars!

I read some months back (unverified so someone should refute / corroborate) that he offers insurance to drivers (pay extra up front, don’t pay if you wreck it later).

 

As a car owner / builder, this sounds like a terrible idea. I want as much liability hanging over the driver’s head as possible to act as a contact deterrent!

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rumor was at Indy renters had to pay for an insurance policy to rent from him, so if that's the case they have no skin in the game. So Nate I think you are spot on.

Edited by 55mini
spelling
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, 55mini said:

Rumor was at Indy renters had to pay for an insurance policy to rent from him, so if that's the case they have no skin in the game. So Nate I think you are spot on.

 

yup. how much faster would you drive without threats of speeding tickets?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/5/2020 at 5:33 PM, shutupracing said:

They also caused a wreck at NJMP with AER. 
 

how they are allowed to race in any series is beyond me. 

 

You are correct. The driver in the video , car 245 @ Lightning, was only on lap 13 of his first ever AER race.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not defending MCM, as they think my car is ugly and shouldn’t be on track with them, however there is a BIG difference between the crash at NJMP with AER and the Daytona crashes with Champ.  

 

In the AER crash the driver lost control of the car.  I feel bad for the Porsche, when you do this long enough we all get tied up in someone else’s mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=uaQsrSDdv9Q&feature=emb_logo

 

Daytona crash on the banking doesn’t appear to be a loss of control, rather it looks rather controlled. 

https://forum.champcar.org/topic/20958-daytona-intentional-contact-from-matt-connelly-motorsports/    the follow video is even better. 

 

I can forgive stupidity.  No one intentionally spins and when you lose control bad things can and do happen. 

 

Purposeful contact (Daytona?)… that is something serious.  I am glad Champcar is looking into it.  @Bill Strong you may want to lock this topic also.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ben 595 said:

Not defending MCM, as they think my car is ugly and shouldn’t be on track with them, however there is a BIG difference between the crash at NJMP with AER and the Daytona crashes with Champ.  

 

 

 

In the AER crash the driver lost control of the car.  I feel bad for the Porsche, when you do this long enough we all get tied up in someone else’s mess.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=uaQsrSDdv9Q&feature=emb_logo

 

 

 

Daytona crash on the banking doesn’t appear to be a loss of control, rather it looks rather controlled. 

 

https://forum.champcar.org/topic/20958-daytona-intentional-contact-from-matt-connelly-motorsports/    the follow video is even better. 

 

 

 

I can forgive stupidity.  No one intentionally spins and when you lose control bad things can and do happen. 

 

 

 

Purposeful contact (Daytona?)… that is something serious.  I am glad Champcar is looking into it.  @Bill Strong you may want to lock this topic also.

Keep in mind these are two, of many incidents. It’s not isolated incidents people are worried about. It’s the pattern of behavior. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...