Tow Vehicle

We need to rent a tow vehicle to tow to Nelson tomorrow. Anyone have experience with a place like Uhaul or perhaps Enterprise? Need a truck for a beefy 28' trailer, 1500lbs tongue.

Or if someone has a truck that they would rent out to us in Northern Illinois...

Edited by enginerd

• Technical Advisory Committee

Enterprise rents 2500 and 3500's no sweat.  Rented a 3500 6.7L ford to tow a horse trailer to GA and back to NC before.  Couple hundred bucks for the weekend means it makes a TON of sense for long haul tows if you dont have a nice tow vehicle already (or an old unreliable one)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Huggy said:

Enterprise rents 2500 and 3500's no sweat.  Rented a 3500 6.7L ford to tow a horse trailer to GA and back to NC before.

This is what we do when we tow to events for work as well.  Towed from NC to Bowling Green and back over a long weekend with a new F250 from them for like $400.  It makes ownership a very difficult decision.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 10:45 PM, wvumtnbkr said:

@bbaker480towed my wife's car to south Carolina with a penske truck.  No issue.

He also towed his racecar to n elsons in 18 with a uhaul pickup truck.  Also no issue.

Good luck!

Just seeing this now but for future reference Enterprise commercial is the way to go, you can get a 2500/3500 for the weekend for like $400-500, much higher towing capacity than a U-Haul and cheaper depending on the miles.  Honestly with the limited use I have for a truck outside of towing the car I don't plan to buy a truck for a while, it's cheaper to pay for a rental a few times a year over having $50k tied up in truck payments.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1