Official 2020 - The Money Shift Racing Pittsburgh Grand Prix

21 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

I just message her.

Thanks Bill, Chelsey, and team.

Looks like everything is sorted now.

On a different note; when does the smack talk start?

Edited by shutupracing

Bill may correct me, but the person at the other end of the phone at PittRace told me that the grounds will be open for arrival and camping Thursday evening.

This is our first time at PittRace. Friday practice looks like it could be a little frantic with 4 30ish minute sessions for a 60-70 car rungroup sharing the track with a second non-champcar run group of a handful of road cars. Has this gone smoothly in the past?

10 minutes ago, cbhaywood said:

Bill may correct me, but the person at the other end of the phone at PittRace told me that the grounds will be open for arrival and camping Thursday evening.

This is our first time at PittRace. Friday practice looks like it could be a little frantic with 4 30ish minute sessions for a 60-70 car rungroup sharing the track with a second non-champcar run group of a handful of road cars. Has this gone smoothly in the past?

Not all teams will be at the test day. Should be fine, just remember that the races are on the weekend!

Edited by shutupracing
  • Like 2

Ya, Ive never seen an issue as not all teams do a test session on friday.

You may get to see a few awsome non-champ cars.

You may also see a champ car or 2 blow up on friday prior to actually racing.

Ps. This is my home track so I've been to every Champ and Citrus race that happened there.

3 minutes ago, Fitsbain said:

Ya, Ive never seen an issue as not all teams do a test session on friday.

You may get to see a few awsome non-champ cars.

You may also see a champ car or 2 blow up on friday prior to actually racing.

Ps. This is my home track so I've been to every Champ and Citrus race that happened there.

Yup we have done it

What's the call on spectators / weekend membership?  Any changes from the note I saw about neither available?

I have someone from Pittsburgh area that is wanting to come out, but isn't about to go full membership just to do so.   

50 minutes ago, NigelStu said:

What's the call on spectators / weekend membership?  Any changes from the note I saw about neither available?

I have someone from Pittsburgh area that is wanting to come out, but isn't about to go full membership just to do so.   

Don't think that's required. Event email just went out and didn't discuss that. Ymmv.

Per the email;

Extra Temporary Crew Bands can be bought at registration with Laura for $20.
I apologize about the conflicting information in the supplementals. Everyone will sign in at the gate, get picture taken, and get a weekend gate band. After that team captains can go see Laura before the race starts to get a ChampCar temporary crew band.

EDIT: Even looking at this now. It's still slightly confusing. My understanding is as follows;

Everyone, and that means everyone, needs to be registered with Champcar in order to gain access to the facility. In order to do this for those who are not actual members (family, friends, spectators), they will be able to purchase what is essentially a weekend pass for $20. 

Not sure if my understanding is correct but that is what we plan to do with our family/friends/crew who are not registered.
Edited by shutupracing

STU -

Send that Pittsburgh guy my way sometime this weekend.

All Roads Racing, I'll be in the chefs hat doing all the cooking, And do I have something planned for Friday night!!

Edited by Fitsbain
12 hours ago, wd6681 said:

Does anyone know how much the 93 octane is at the track? Or based on years past pricing relative to public pumps.

Thanks 

I'm not sure what it is at the track, but there is a gas station with 93 a quarter mile down the road from the track entrance (take a right out of the track).

3 hours ago, CoachMK21 said:

I'm not sure what it is at the track, but there is a gas station with 93 a quarter mile down the road from the track entrance (take a right out of the track).

Yup This

Bought hundreds of gallons there by now.

Edited by Fitsbain