Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators

I do not think required mask wearing is going away anytime soon,  so lets start helping each other out with recommendations. 

 

I wore a mask from https://myshieldmasks.com/ last weekend at Nelsons and it was very breathable. Its not heavy and doesnt sit up close to your mouth. 

 

I know Blipshift have some as well.

 

What other recommendations do you have that you have worn?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TimS said:

I used the neck gator style at Nelson Ledges. I also use them everyday for the day job. Cheap and as comfortable as this stuff gets. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B087NGCQGJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

 

IMO the gaiters are hard to beat. I bought one when we were in Key West in June and have been wearing it since. The side benefit is also the sun protection on your neck and face, which is helpful at the races in Texas and Florida we attended. I get a feeling I'll be wearing it at PBIR in September as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TimS said:

I used the neck gator style at Nelson Ledges. I also use them everyday for the day job. Cheap and as comfortable as this stuff gets. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B087NGCQGJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

 

 

I've heard that places like Disney and Universal are not allowing those as 'masks' 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a six pack of gaiters for Nelson to A. meet the requirements, and B. provide sun protection because I am white as a ghost. The ones I got might be a bit too "breathable" but I guess they stop the spit. I didn't burn, but by the end of the day, my neck was pretty sweaty and I put on a paper mask for the beer drinking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MoparBoyy said:

 

I've heard that places like Disney and Universal are not allowing those as 'masks' 

We're not racing at Disney or Universal so I'm good. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Snorman said:

We're not racing at Disney or Universal so I'm good. 

 

Everywhere is a racetrack when you drive a miata.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jbbugs said:

Made in China.

No thanks.

 

The virus was made there too. So it's a good match.
And the N95 PPE my doctor wife uses at the hospital are also made in China. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have also purchased a couple of these for use when I am on pitlane. We have had so many flash fires lately... 2... that I decided I did not want a mask melting to my face.

Made in the good old USA.

https://silverneedle.net/fire-resistant-dupont-nomex-face-mask/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1st post so go easy...

I'm a pretty sweaty guy & a huge mask believer/advocate... so initially paper or cotton masks just didn't fly b/c they get wet around my nose or are unnecessarily hard to breathe through. So I tried a few and meh. My Wife is a Triathlete and occasionally uses DeSoto Sport gear, they're a cool little American company out of San Diego and are making masks locally out of their skin cooler Tri material. It's literally designed to get out of the water and still perform. They make 3 kinds, but I've been wearing their Skin Cooler 3 ply every day and it's been great. Cool, reasonably breathable and adjustable. And the most comfortable I've had. I have a weeks worth and just toss them in the wash. They have stretchy ties so are adjustable and i just tie once and pull it on when I need. I'm not connected to the company, just a fan of finding something that works and using the hell out of it. I liked them so much that I actually bought sets for the Local PD b/c they were out in the heat with either wet paper procedure masks or a few had a black flannel looking one that seemed miserable.

 

Real post to follow shortly. Got some "Where to start?" questions but want to keep searching a bit before wading in.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ManhattanMcC said:

Real post to follow shortly. Got some "Where to start?" questions but want to keep searching a bit before wading in.

I can't help but think that this is some brilliant form of guerilla marketing and if it is, I want to start a slow clap for you.

Edited by LuckyKid
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LuckyKid said:

I can't help but think that this is some brilliant form of gorilla marketing and if it is, I want to start a slow clap for you.

Subtle "I'm not connected to the company" claim in very first post raving about the company's product is subtle.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LuckyKid said:

I can't help but think that this is some brilliant form of gorilla marketing and if it is, I want to start a slow clap for you.

 

5 hours ago, Snorman said:

Subtle "I'm not connected to the company" claim in very first post raving about the company's product is subtle.

 

Sorry to get your tinfoil hats in a twist. I'm just a man behind a computer in NJ. No gUErilla marketing mastermind and not affiliated or getting a kickback. You can trust me, I'm a random dude on the Internet.

 

You need to give SOMETHING to a forum before asking asking to take advice, at least you should. Since I know frack-all about ChampCar, but am the Undisputed-Black Belt-National Champion of the World at being a sweaty guy wearing a mask daily... This is my lane.

 

I genuinely dropped my own $$ to get masks for the Holmdel, NJ PD and going to deliver them with my kid just as soon as the box arrives. It's bad enough we all have to deal with masks, but seeing a cop in a 1/2 melted paper mask trying to direct traffic in the summer heat was demoralizing.

 

As for my 1st post... I don't need it yet. I used the "Magical Answer Box" (Search Bar) and found the info I was looking for. I'm reaching out to a few of the Arrive and Drive teams and re-thinking the need to build a car that will definitely be a backmarker out the gate. Instead I'll either buy in to an outfit or join and contribute to learn as I go.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ManhattanMcC said:

 

 

Sorry to get your tinfoil hats in a twist. I'm just a man behind a computer in NJ. No gUErilla marketing mastermind and not affiliated or getting a kickback. You can trust me, I'm a random dude on the Internet.

 

You need to give SOMETHING to a forum before asking asking to take advice, at least you should. Since I know frack-all about ChampCar, but am the Undisputed-Black Belt-National Champion of the World at being a sweaty guy wearing a mask daily... This is my lane.

 

I genuinely dropped my own $$ to get masks for the Holmdel, NJ PD and going to deliver them with my kid just as soon as the box arrives. It's bad enough we all have to deal with masks, but seeing a cop in a 1/2 melted paper mask trying to direct traffic in the summer heat was demoralizing.

 

As for my 1st post... I don't need it yet. I used the "Magical Answer Box" (Search Bar) and found the info I was looking for. I'm reaching out to a few of the Arrive and Drive teams and re-thinking the need to build a car that will definitely be a backmarker out the gate. Instead I'll either buy in to an outfit or join and contribute to learn as I go.

 

I really appreciate you sharing a product with everyone here.  We do that kind of thing all the time with car parts and other safety gear.

 

Please don't feel shy about asking honest questions about your car or anything else related to racing with the club.  Get asking, Get building, Get Racing!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...