Jump to content

EZ Up anchors


bbaker480
 Share

Recommended Posts

I finally broke down at Nelson Ledges and bought a tent of my own to add to the ones we brought.  We've over the years managed to only have one fly away at PittRace with some minor damage but looking at how others tie theirs down I see anything from strapped to a toolbox, tied to spare wheels, or what I think I want to do, something involving concrete and a container.  I like the PVC pipes that CCES is using for the tents on pit lane, but does anyone have a better suggestion?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, bbaker480 said:

I finally broke down at Nelson Ledges and bought a tent of my own to add to the ones we brought.  We've over the years managed to only have one fly away at PittRace with some minor damage but looking at how others tie theirs down I see anything from strapped to a toolbox, tied to spare wheels, or what I think I want to do, something involving concrete and a container.  I like the PVC pipes that CCES is using for the tents on pit lane, but does anyone have a better suggestion?

I like used brake rotors off the tow vehicle and light ratchet straps.  I painted the rotors bright orange to keep the rust down and lessen the chances of tripping over them.  They do add weight to the amount of crap we're dragging around, but they're pretty compact for the weight

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree, id rather not add weight to the hauler if not needed.  So we use tires.  Ive thought about jugs full of water.  Transport empty, fill at the track.  But seeing as we have spare tires that are needed in the pit anyways, it just seems so rational to use them.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, cowboys647 said:

We have a set of these one of our team members got for free. They are square and light so they take up very little space in a box and they are awesome to carry down to the pits. They also take up a lot less room than the spare wheels if you use those which is nice.

FBD0E595-6C5F-48E1-9317-DC2AC0730705.png

 

Where do you get the water from?  Not all tracks seem to have it easily available?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've used water bags before, it works ok.  I agree though, surprisingly not as simple as you would think to find a hose bib at a race track.

 

I now use 2 surplus ammo cans (~12x8x4) I had lying around filled with discarded wheel weights.  Each can weighs about 35lbs and are easy to transport and stack nicely for storage.  An additional 70lbs in the truck isn't a game changer IMO.

Edited by Bremsen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2020 at 9:33 AM, bbaker480 said:

I finally broke down at Nelson Ledges and bought a tent of my own to add to the ones we brought.  We've over the years managed to only have one fly away at PittRace with some minor damage but looking at how others tie theirs down I see anything from strapped to a toolbox, tied to spare wheels, or what I think I want to do, something involving concrete and a container.  I like the PVC pipes that CCES is using for the tents on pit lane, but does anyone have a better suggestion?

 

That the one that blew out onto the track early morning?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fitsbain said:

 

That the one that blew out onto the track early morning?

 

I think it made it's way down pit lane sometime overnight if we are thinking about the same one.  We've never had one take flight during an event.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, bbaker480 said:

I think it made it's way down pit lane sometime overnight if we are thinking about the same one.  We've never had one "quite" take flight during an event.

Ftfy!

 

I just always anchor to pit wall and use my spare wheels as hold downs.  It kinda sucks because the wheels are soo big and create a tripping hazard.

 

I would like to just bring 2 items for the "back" legs.  Preferably something I'm already lugging to the track...

 

Maybe an attachment for the beer cooler and 1 for the water and drinks cooler....   hmmm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Ftfy!

 

I just always anchor to pit wall and use my spare wheels as hold downs.  It kinda sucks because the wheels are soo big and create a tripping hazard.

 

I would like to just bring 2 items for the "back" legs.  Preferably something I'm already lugging to the track...

 

Maybe an attachment for the beer cooler and 1 for the water and drinks cooler....   hmmm.

 

What is this "water" you speak of?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...