"The HMSmotorsport.com Grand Prix - North Course"
Early Pay Discount Ends: October 6, 2020
Event Director: dana.morrison@champcar.org
Entrant List
Download Supplemental Rules and Event Info
Download Event Waiver

It's Time To Go Race in Virginia Again!
a9f21d5d-d861-4442-a76f-93616bb7fcfc.jpg

So, for starters, this is your big reminder that each team is limited to a total of Five (5) people.

This is a hard number of 5 total people. This includes drivers, crew members, mechanics, cooks, friends, kidnap victims, whatever... Five people total.

Remember that I am going to pull the list for your team directly from your Registration. So make sure everyone you have is listed. The Security staff at VIR will account for each person by name with your team. Anyone not listed will not be allowed access.

A few teams still have only the Team Captain listed, and two teams have way over 5, like double.

I cannot over stress this. 5 people per team, listed by name on your Registration.

We are operating under a hard number total limit from the State of Virginia. This is the only way we can ensure we remain under the limit and run the event.

Masks. The guidance we have right now specifies that masks are required. I know that usually results in questions about specifics of where, group sizes, etc. All I can tell is that the guidance we are operating under is that masks are required. The best I can say right now is to please use good judgement. If you are going to be around others, please be kind and wear your mask. This is especially true along pit-lane where teams are close together.

Moving along to other fun stuff..

Your Drivers Meeting video is here.

If you have never raced wheel-to-wheel before, or if this is your first time racing with ChampCar, or if you just want a good refresh of the rules, please watch the New to ChampCar video here.

Please take a minute to review the Supplemental Rules for this race here.

VIR is going to be doing some paving work when we load in on Friday. It shouldn't affect us at all, but please be aware of the paving workers and be ready to stop or shift lanes if it is required.

Wondering where your pit assignments are? Yeah me too.. The difference is, I know where they are, and they happen to be here....

If you have questions about your team's Registration please email Laura here.

Any other questions about VIR North, feel free to email me here.

Thanks,

The ChampCar Staff  

Teams are Limited to Five (5) Total Members for the VIR North Race.

82.jpg   December 5-December 6, 2020
VIRGINIA INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY (NORTH): 8+7 Enduros, $1425
Alton, VA
"The HMSmotorsport.com Grand Prix - North Course"
Early Pay Discount Ends: October 6, 2020
Event Director: dana.morrison@champcar.org
Entrant List
Download Supplemental Rules and Event Info
Download Event Waiver

HMS Motorsports decals will be passed out during Tech and race morning. They will go on the right and left from fenders per the BCCR Decal instructions. These are one race decals and are required. dimensions - 9” x 4”  

Entries for The HMSmotorsport.com Grand Prix - North Course

Updated 12/03/2020    Limited to 40 entries

Team Name Car # Year Make Model
1.   Bare Maximum 429 1995 BMW 325i
2.   Bliss Racing 432 1985 Chevy Camaro Z28
3.   Bucket List Motorsports 413 1994 BMW 325
4.   Castrol Prefect Racing 742 1994 Lexus SC300
5.   CMP Racing 253 1994 Honda Prelude
6.   Crash Management 232 2001 Dodge Stratus
7.   Curvy Road Racing 434 1993 bmw 328
8.   DC Lumber 603 1994 Mazda Miata
9.   DonkeySport Racing 498 1991 Honda Civic
10.   Finishing is Bliss 828 1986 BMW 325
11.   Flat 6 Racing 986 1997 Porsche Boxster
12.   Flat 6 Racing 987 1998 Porsche Boxster
13.   Flat on One side 127 1996 Nissan 240sx
14.   Flatout NEMESIS 352 2009 Mazda Miata
15.   Freddie Mercury 460 1986 Mercury Capri
16.   Full Send Motorsports 660 2004 BMW 330ci
17.   Fuse 15 789 1994 Mazda Miata
18.   HWD Racing 707 2003 Acura CL Type-S
19.   Insane Miata Motorsports 233 2001 Mazda Miata
20.   Lanco Paving 292 1995 Nisson 240 SX
21.   Late Ape X 668 96 Dodge Neon
22.   LowBAR Racing 140 1994 BMW 325i
23.   MK Motorsports 600 1993 Ford Mustang Cobra
24.   MT Pockets 153 1993 Ford Probe
25.   NLS Racing 977 1993 Nissan 240sx
26.   Old Blue Racing 573 1998 Acura Integra
27.   Pinkies Out Aero 146 1988 BMW 325is
28.   Pinkies Out Swap 246 1988 BMW 325is
29.   Plan C Racing 851 1983 Porsche 944
30.   QCR Valvoline Mini 251 2006 Mini Cooper S
31.   Rotation Racing 564 1988 Honda civic
32.   Skip Shift Racing 323 2004 BMW 330
33.   Sparrow Speed 216 1999 Mazda Miata
34.   Tau Racing 484 1994 Acura Integra
35.   Team Slow & Loud 513 2005 BMW 330ci
36.   Team Sneak Attack 186 1993 BMW E36
37.   The StuG 46 1988 BMW 325IS
38.   There's no Z in Mazda 283 1990 Mazda Miata
39.   Warrior Racing 897 1991 Mazda Miata
40.   Where’s John 98 1992 Acura Integra

• Administrators

HMS Motorsports decals will be passed out during Tech and race morning. They will go on the right and left front fenders per the BCCR Decal instructions. These are one race decals and are required. dimensions - 9” x 4”  

Required decals. Available at tech.

20201014_094134.jpg

1 hour ago, obscene said:

that being said, what's the registration deadline for this event?

It will not be a sell out, so you COULD show up race morning if your car has been 2020 tech’ed. I wouldn’t recommend that though as Registration would be a little upset. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Event times are changing. I'll update the supps in a few minutes.

Cars to grid at 8:00am
New race start time is 8:30 on both days. race finish is extended out to the half hour both days. 4:30pm Saturday and 3:30pm Sunday.

• Like 1

• Technical Advisory Committee
13 minutes ago, HardenMotorsportsGroup said:

Hey Bill, do you know yet if VIR will be offering a test day?  Also I just looked at the sup rules and it mentions no minors and all crew must be listed by Aug 5th?  We weren't a champcar team in august so is this accurate?

VIR does not usually host any test days.

• Administrators

2020 VIR North Supps and Waivers packs

Supps with waivers
https://champcar.org/register/supplementalrules/422.pdf

Waivers only

https://champcar.org/mainweb/pdf/waivers/VIR-North_covid-waivers.pdf

44 minutes ago, HardenMotorsportsGroup said:

Hey Bill, do you know yet if VIR will be offering a test day?  Also I just looked at the sup rules and it mentions no minors and all crew must be listed by Aug 5th?  We weren't a champcar team in august so is this accurate?

We will find out soon. There may be one. Just awaiting word. But... I can't promise anything right now. As soon as I hear, I will post.

1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

2020 VIR North Supps and Waivers packs

Supps with waivers
https://champcar.org/register/supplementalrules/422.pdf

Waivers only

https://champcar.org/mainweb/pdf/waivers/VIR-North_covid-waivers.pdf

We will find out soon. There may be one. Just awaiting word. But... I can't promise anything right now. As soon as I hear, I will post.

Bill you should update the supps on the start/finish times.  Weekend memberships or yearly

17 hours ago, HardenMotorsportsGroup said:

This is most likely copied over from the 24 hour race. Best to have your roster set as soon as you can, the cutoff to be on "the list" will probably be a few days before the race. 

• ChampCar Staff
28 minutes ago, ross2004 said:

This is most likely copied over from the 24 hour race. Best to have your roster set as soon as you can, the cutoff to be on "the list" will probably be a few days before the race. 

So I just gave Bill the option of either writing a job description for his replacement, or getting the Supplemental Rules right.. His choice..

Almost positive he's going to try, again, to get them right...

Just FYI, we had to back the times up a half hour to comply with VIR's times. Thought you guys might like to know why.

Dana

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Administrators

Please get all of your team signed up. There may be a limit to the amount of people allowed onto the property due to the governors executive order that goes into effect on Monday. Page 7 - Racing venues.
https://www.governor.virginia.gov/media/governorvirginiagov/executive-actions/EO-67-SIXTH-AMENDED-and-Order-of-Public-Health-Emergency-Seven---Phase-Three-Further-Adjusting-of-Certain-Temporary-Restrictions-Due-to-Novel-Coronavirus-(COVID-19).pdf 

Dana will have a meeting with the track soon to verify everything. But just to give you guys an advanced notice. There will be a gate list. get on that list now.

• Technical Advisory Committee
1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

Please get all of your team signed up. There may be a limit to the amount of people allowed onto the property due to the governors executive order that goes into effect on Monday. Page 7 - Racing venues.
https://www.governor.virginia.gov/media/governorvirginiagov/executive-actions/EO-67-SIXTH-AMENDED-and-Order-of-Public-Health-Emergency-Seven---Phase-Three-Further-Adjusting-of-Certain-Temporary-Restrictions-Due-to-Novel-Coronavirus-(COVID-19).pdf 

Dana will have a meeting with the track soon to verify everything. But just to give you guys an advanced notice. There will be a gate list. get on that list now.

Ugh..  This does not bode well.

Ill planned government restrictions based most likely on 1/4 mile short tracks is gonna limit us to 250 people arbitrarily?  With 50 people "running" the track thats 4 people per team.  Yay