Official 2020 - The HMSmotorsport.com Grand Prix - VIR North Course

2 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

Of course there are a bunch of other cars that would love for you two to stay home.

Yes, tell your customers to stay home.  Good plan!  

let us know when you have good info instead of speculation and we can react to good info instead of speculating 

😘

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Huggy said:

Yes, tell your customers to stay home.  Good plan!  

let us know when you have good info instead of speculation and we can react to good info instead of speculating 

😘

Thank you Huggy... If it was me, I would have waited just a day until I heard back from the track management. But after all I'm just the Race Director...

Dana

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Teams are Limited to Five (5) Total Members for the VIR North Race.
a9f21d5d-d861-4442-a76f-93616bb7fcfc.jpg

Yes, you are reading that correctly. Each team will be limited to a total of Five persons.

This is a hard number of 5 total people. This includes drivers, crew members, mechanics, cooks, friends, kidnap victims, whatever... Five people total.

So, kidding aside, I know this is a big change for some of you and I'm sorry. The Governor of Virginia has issued new Covid Guidance. VIR is now subject to a maximum of 250 attendees for an event. The 250 does not include VIR employees, but it does include ChampCar participants and staff.

How will this work?

On Wednesday the 3rd I will send a gate entry list to VIR Security. The list will be broken down by team. The VIR security staff will cross reference the person's name with the listed names on the team roster. Only 5 access bands will be given to each team.

The number of access bands per team is based on the 44 teams currently registered and the number of ChampCar staff.

What if more teams sign up, won't that change the number?

I have capped the entry at the current 44 teams. No new teams can register.

What if you have more than 5 people on your team roster now?

You'll need to go into your roster and edit it down to 5 people. VIR Security will only issue 5 access bands per team, you'll need to ensure those bands get to the correct team members.

Can I get all 5 bands for my team and hand them out myself?

No. VIR Security will be giving one band per person, and only after they verify that person's name with the gate list.

I know this is a major change and will undoubtedly cause major issues for some of you. However this new guidance just came out over the weekend. These are strict regulations that VIR must adhere to, and as the renter, we must too.

I've said this several times, and it applies here again. I think at this point in 2020 we should focus on the fact that we can get back to racing. Let's be thankful for that, especially now as we move into the whole Thanksgiving time.

I'll push out another email with Pit Assignments and additional information as we get closer to the race weekend.

Enjoy a Happy Thanksgiving and we will see you in a few weeks.

If you have questions about your team's Registration please email Laura here.

Any other questions about VIR North, feel free to email me here.

Thanks,

The ChampCar Staff  

2 hours ago, Lethal Cliff said:

Just glad we can race.

Now that we know who all is coming, the trash talking can start right?  🤣

That drift missile gonna be ready to do some turns?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, chip said:

Perfect, just about broken in now. Should be cheaty fast on north course...

They are matched perfect and staggered special.

image.thumb.png.9c634cb179894a5ebb332309ae73524a.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Lethal Cliff said:

I talked to my team tonight and they said let the trash talking fly.  So, make sure you get them cheated up e30's ready for a race, because we plan on dropping the hammer

this go round.

image.jpeg.403f69c33dcc3a02f52cf158763c5906.jpeg

Parts or tools falling off your car will earn you some time in the black flag brig...

Just now, Bill Strong said:

Parts or tools falling off your car will earn you some time in the black flag brig...

Huggy. that font is supposed to be green. Just so you know I am not bashing our lovely members.

• Haha 2